Riverside Fire Authority
Car vs. Truck
• A car traveling south on the 400 block of South Pearl Street struck a parked Ford pickup truck at 2:45 a.m. Thursday. One individual was transported with minor injuries to Providence Centralia Hospital.
Centralia Police Department
• Annette M. Latta, 48, Centralia, was cited and released for driving with a suspended license after she was involved in a three-vehicle, non-injury collision at 12:37 p.m. Wednesday. The other two drivers were issued infractions as well.
• Someone reported theft of money from the 900 block of Johnson Road at 3:45 p.m. Wednesday.
• A victim reported that someone they know stole money from them on the 1300 block of Alexander Street at 4:59 p.m. Wednesday.
• Someone reported child molestation on the 100 block of West Maple Street at 3:45 p.m. Wednesday. The case is still under investigation.
Lost or Stolen?
• Someone reported a lost or stolen SIM card from a cell phone on the 100 block of West Maple Street at 4:09 p.m. Wednesday.
• A 15-year-old boy was booked into the Lewis County Juvenile Detention Center for allegedly stealing alcohol from a store as well as alleged possession of alcohol by a minor on the 1100 block of Harrison Avenue. A second 15-year-old boy was referred to the prosecutor’s office for the same charges.
• Someone reported that an unknown suspect attempted to force a door open, splitting the door jam on the 300 block of North Tower Avenue. No entry to the residence was made.
• Someone reported damage to the front door that occurred sometime last week on the 100 block of West 1st Street at 5:33 p.m. Wednesday.
Bum $100 Bill?
• Two suspects gave a taxi cab driver a counterfeit $100 bill at 2:45 a.m. Centralia College Boulevard. The bill was originally a $5 bill but it had been modified to look like $100. By the time the driver noticed, the two suspects ran off and could not be located.
Chehalis Police Department
A Family Affair
• Brianna N. Wilson, 27, Centralia, was arrested and released after she allegedly shoplifted items in her purse at Kmart at 2:11 p.m. Wednesday. While Wilson was allegedly shoplifting, she was with her four children ages 10, 8, 5 and 4, as well as her 13-year-old niece.
• A 17-year-old Tenino girl was arrested and released after she allegedly attempted to shoplift $30 worth of underwear at 3:44 p.m. Wednesday.
• A makeup bag with medication in it was stolen from the 100 block of McFadden Avenue at 6:35 p.m. Wednesday.
• A red-haired female suspect allegedly shoplifted two packages of fake nails and a bottle of nail polish from Sally’s Beauty Supply at 7:13 p.m. Wednesday.
Walmart Parking Lot Dispute
• Carl D. Luna, 44, a transient, was arrested and booked into the Lewis County Jail for alleged fourth-degree assault. Chehalis police responded to an assault in progress in the Walmart parking lot at 8:19 p.m. Wednesday. When officers arrived, they contacted Luna and the female victim who were both sitting in a car. Police then noticed a fresh pool of blood near the driver’s side door, as well as on Luna’s hands. The female victim had a bloody nose and an injury to the left part of her face.
Lewis County Jail
Inmate population in the main facility as of early this morning: 194 inmates; 157 are men and 37 are women. Sixty-seven of them are contract bed inmates from outside agencies. In the past 24 hours, as of early this morning, nine people were booked into the jail and 18 were released.