Centralia Police Department
• At 10:28 a.m. on Friday, shoes were reported stolen in the 1300 block of Lum Road.
• At 10:42 a.m. on Friday, shoes were reported stolen in the 100 block of West High Street.
Man Cited For Alcohol Theft
• At 2:38 p.m. on Friday, police responded to the 500 block of South Tower Avenue and cited John W. Hansen, 26, of Chehalis, on suspicion of third-degree theft for allegedly stealing alcohol.
Suspect Referred to Prosecutors on Assault Charge
• At 2:29 a.m. on Saturday, police responded to a report of an assault in the 900 block of South Scheuber Road. A 57-year-old Centralia man is being referred to prosecutors on suspicion of assault.
• At 12:36 p.m. on Saturday, a vehicle was reported stolen the previous night in the 100 block of South Tower Avenue.
Assault Suspect Arrested
• At 11:11 p.m. on Saturday, police responded to the 1600 block of Military Road and arrested Tara M. Burgeis, 35, of Centralia, on suspicion of fourth-degree assault, domestic violence.
Bar Refuses Service to Patron Without ID, Suspect Starts Damaging Property
• At 10:07 a.m. on Sunday, police received a report of malicious mischief at a bar in the 100 block of North Tower Avenue. A person reported that an unknown male subject started damaging property inside the bar after the bartender refused to serve him alcohol because he didn’t have an ID with him. No arrests were reported.
Rental Scam Reported
• At 12:41 p.m. on Sunday, a rental scam was reported in the 700 block of West Plum Street. Unknown suspects were allegedly using legitimate local rental property adds to try to get money for rental fees from possible renters. The case is under investigation.
• At 5:20 p.m. on Sunday, a purse was reported stolen from a restroom in the 1700 block of South Gold Street.
Centralia Suspect Arrested on Warrant, Drug Charge
• At 6:45 p.m. on Sunday, police responded to the 700 block of Harrison Avenue and arrested Isaiah M. O. Davis, 35, of Centralia, on an outstanding misdemeanor warrant and on suspicion of possession of heroin.
Chehalis Police Department
• At 2:31 p.m. on Wednesday, police received a report of harassment in the 500 block of Southeast Washington Avenue. No arrest was reported.
Graffiti Reported at Park Bathrooms
• At 5:55 p.m. on Wednesday, graffiti was reported in public bathrooms in the 1500 block of Rice Road — the location of Recreation Park.
• At 10:27 a.m. on Sunday, graffiti was again reported in a bathroom in the 1500 block of Rice Road.
Suspect Booked on Robbery Charge After Allegedly Demanding Man’s Wallet
• At 6:27 p.m. on Wednesday, police received a report of an attempted robbery in the 600 block of North National Avenue. The suspect reportedly demanded a person’s wallet. The alleged victim refused and the pair got into a scuffle. Police later arrested Hunter W. Buck, 33, of Centralia on suspicion of attempted second-degree robbery. Buck was scheduled to make his first appearance in Lewis County Superior Court on the charge Monday afternoon, after The Chronicle’s press time.
Theft of Cash Back Reported
• At 9:24 p.m. on Wednesday, police received a report of a theft in the 1600 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue. A person reported they got $20 cash back at a checkstand and forgot to grab it. When they returned it was gone.
• At 1:39 p.m. on Thursday, police responded to a report of a man cutting open boxes in a store in the 1600 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue with a boxcutter. Matthew T. Gorman, 33, of Onalaska, was arrested on suspicion of third-degree theft.
• At 6:43 p.m. on Saturday, police responded to a report of a theft in the 1600 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue. No arrest was reported.
• At 8:56 a.m. on Friday police received a report of a scam phone call from the 700 block of Southwest Pacific Avenue.
Firearm Stolen from Vehicle
• At 11:33 a.m. on Friday, police received a report of a theft in the 1700 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue. A 22-caliber rifle was stolen from a vehicle.
Hit and Runs
• At 2:11 a.m. on Friday, a hit and run was reported in the 10 block of Southwest Cascade Avenue.
• At 1:33 p.m. on Sunday, a hit and run was reported in the 1600 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue.
• At 12:18 p.m. on Saturday, police responded to the 500 block of Southwest Chehalis Avenue and arrested a 12-year-old boy on suspicion of fourth-degree assault, domestic violence. The boy was booked into Lewis County Juvenile Detention.
• At 5 p.m. on Saturday, police responded to the 10 block of Southwest Eighth Street and arrested Daniel J. Castro, 33, of Chehalis, on suspicion of fourth-degree assault.
• At 10:08 p.m. on Sunday, a fourth-degree assault was reported in the 300 block of Southwest Third Street. No arrests were reported.
Lewis County Jail Statistics
As of Monday morning, the Lewis County Jail had a total system population of 216 inmates, including 186 in general population, 28 in the Work Ethic and Restitution Center and two on work release. Of general population inmates, 149 were men and 37 women and of WERC inmates, 25 were men and three women.