CENTRALIA POLICE DEPARTMENT
• A juvenile was arrested in the 800 block of South Tower Avenue just after 11:45 a.m. on March 17 and was booked into the Lewis County Juvenile Detention Center for assault after they were involved in a physical altercation with their parents.
• Just before 1:10 a.m. on March 18, a 19-year-old female reported an adult male struck her in the head and face with the end of a pistol after she tried to get her vape back from the male. The incident allegedly took place just after a large dance event concluded at the Southwest Washington Fairgrounds in the 1900 block of South Gold Street. The victim called the police after she left the area. The case is under investigation.
• A hit-and-run was reported in the 400 block of South Silver Street just before noon on March 17.
• A non-injury, two-vehicle collision was reported in the 1100 block of Harrison Avenue just after 3 p.m. on March 17.
• A non-injury, two-vehicle collision was reported at the intersection of Reynolds and Harrison avenues just before 3:40 p.m. on March 17.
• An unknown male reportedly fled from police on a dirt bike-style motorcycle at 7:10 p.m. on March 17 after seeing the police “slow down and observe him” at the intersection of East Summa Street and Kresky Avenue. As the motorcyclist took off at a high rate of speed, the officer activated his emergency lights to try and stop him, but the motorcyclist did not stop and the officer did not pursue him.
• An Oklahoma man was arrested in the 800 block of South Gold Street just before 9:05 p.m. on March 17 and was booked into the Lewis County Jail for third-degree malicious mischief after he allegedly lit “some items on fire in a container that did not belong to him.”
• Just before 10:40 p.m. on March 17, slashed vehicle tires were reported in an apartment parking lot in the 2800 block of Russell Road.
• A Centralia woman was arrested in the 1500 block of Central Boulevard just before 4:25 p.m. on March 19 and was booked into the Lewis County Jail for second-degree malicious mischief after she allegedly broke windows out of a vehicle that parked near her camp.
• A wallet and credit cards were reported stolen from the 1000 block of Eckerson Road just after 7:35 a.m. on March 19. The case is under investigation.
• An unidentified male was reportedly seen stealing a purse out of a vehicle in the 1300 block of Lum Road while the owner was shopping at an outlet just after 2:55 p.m. on March 19. The suspect reportedly fled in a green Toyota Camry.
• Various tools were reported stolen during a burglary to a business in the 700 block of East Third Street that was reported just before 6:55 p.m. on March 19.
• A green 1997 Honda Accord was reported stolen from the 500 block of North Tower Avenue just before 8:20 p.m. on March 19. The vehicle was later found in Thurston County.
CHEHALIS POLICE DEPARTMENT
• A physical dispute where a male punched a female was reported in the 100 block of Southwest Interstate Avenue just after 11:20 a.m. on March 17. No arrests were made.
• A case of fourth-degree assault reported in the 300 block of Southwest Third Street just after 4:10 p.m. on March 19 is under investigation.
• A vehicle theft was reported in the 1600 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue just before 1:10 p.m. on March 17.
• A trailer was reported stolen from the 1200 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue at 12:25 p.m. on March 18.
• Two juveniles reportedly attempted to break into a vehicle in the 1000 block of Southwest McFadden Avenue at approximately 3:15 p.m. on March 18. The reporting party stated she yelled at the juveniles and they rode away on bicycles.
• A subject reportedly shoplifted a $10 hair color product from a business in the 1500 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue at 11:45 a.m. on March 19.
• Just after 10:45 a.m. on March 18, a caller reported a disorderly male was yelling at the caller’s dog at the intersection of Southwest Johnson Avenue and Southwest 15th Street.
• A disorderly subject was trespassed from a business in the 200 block of South Market Boulevard at approximately 12:50 p.m. on March 19.
• A subject was reportedly “yelling out in the street and threw a rock in the middle of the roadway” in the 1500 block of North National Avenue just before 7:20 p.m. on March 19.
LEWIS COUNTY JAIL STATISTICS
As of Monday morning, the Lewis County Jail had a total system population of 175 inmates, including 160 in the general population and 15 in the Work Ethic and Restitution Center (WERC). Of general population inmates, 128 were reported male and 32 were reported female. Of the WERC inmates, 12 were reported male and three were reported female.
Sirens are compiled by reporter Emily Fitzgerald, who can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Centralia Police Department can be reached at 360-330-7680, the Chehalis Police Department can be reached at 360-748-8605 and the Morton Police Department can be reached at 360-496-6636. If you were a victim of physical or sexual abuse, domestic violence or sexual assault, call Hope Alliance at 360-748-6601 or the Youth Advocacy Center of Lewis County at 360-623-1990.