Centralia Police Department
• Police took a report of a burglary on the 1400 block of Winterwood Drive at 8:38 a.m. Wednesday.
• Jonathan A. Brender, 29, Centralia, was cited and released for having a dog-at-large after his pitbull killed a neighbor’s cat on the 300 block of North Washington Avenue shortly before 10 a.m. Wednesday.
Hit and Run
• A white Ford Ranger struck another vehicle on the 200 block of North Pearl Street at shortly before 1 p.m. Wednesday then fled the scene. The incident is still under investigation.
• A back door to a residence on the 500 block of Courtland Street was kicked in. The break in was reported at 1:09 p.m. Wednesday.
• Someone reported damage to a back door of a house on the 2600 block of Eureka Avenue at 1:18 p.m. Wednesday.
• A burglary on the 600 block of North Tower Avenue was reported at 9:19 p.m. Wednesday. The case is still under investigation.
• Michael A. Hilton, 30, Chehalis, was found inside a building on the 200 block of North Railroad Avenue at 12:12 a.m. Tuesday. He allegedly lied to police about his name. It was only after he was booked into jail that police learned his true identity. He was later arrested for additional charges of criminal impersonation and forgery.
• A victim reported that an unknown suspect opened a credit card in the victim’s name. The case, which was reported shortly before 9 a.m. Tuesday, is still under investigation.
• Someone attempted to break into a medical building on the 1900 block of Cooks Hill Road. The incident was reported at 11 a.m. Tuesday, and is still under investigation.
• Police took a report of tires that were slashed on the 2600 block of Borst Avenue at 2:20 p.m. Tuesday.
• Someone was transported to the hospital for chest pains after an accident on Borst Avenue and North Scheuber Road shortly before 3 p.m. Tuesday.
• Someone broke into a garage on the 1800 block of North Tower Avenue at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday and stole motorcycle goggles.
• The front window of a business was broken on the 1100 block of Harrison Avenue at about 3:40 a.m. Wednesday. It is unclear if anything was taken. The investigation is ongoing.
• Police took a report of a burglary at a business on the 500 block of Harrison Avenue shortly after 10 a.m. Monday.
• A bank card was reported stolen at noon Monday on the 600 block of South Tower Avenue.
• Someone reported unauthorized charges to a credit card on the 1300 block of South Gold Street at 12:22 p.m. Monday.
• Officers took a report of mail stolen from a mailbox on the 200 block of Centralia College Boulevard at 6 p.m. Monday.
Lewis County Sheriff’s Office
Drunk in a Car at a Fire Station
• Deputies responded to a report of trespassing at a fire station on the 700 block of Logan Hill Road outside of Chehalis at 11:30 a.m. Tuesday. When police arrived, they found Brandon W. Robinson, 45, of Chehalis, inside of a parked car, which was turned on. Further investigation revealed that Robinson was allegedly drunk, and he was subsequently arrested and booked into jail for suspicion of being in physical control of a vehicle while intoxicated.
• Deputies took a report of a burglary on the 300 block of Twin Oaks Road outside of Chehalis at 9 a.m. Tuesday. A TV, speakers, tools and DVDs were reportedly taken between Sunday and Tuesday.
Chehalis Police Department
Shouting and Obscene Gestures Lead to Jail
• Bobby D. Straughn, 51, Mossyrock, was arrested and booked into jail for suspicion of having physical control of a vehicle while intoxicated after police responded to the Lewis County Mall at about 3 p.m. Tuesday to a report of a drunken man who was yelling and making “obscene gestures” to passing women. Police arrived later and found Straughn allegedly passed out in the vehicle, which was running at the time.
Walmart Shoplifter Arrested for Burglary
• Vanessa W. Newman, 36, North Dakota, was arrested and booked into the Lewis County Jail for second-degree burglary after she was caught allegedly shoplifting approximately $60 worth of merchandise from Walmart at 3 a.m. Wednesday. Newman had previously been banned from Walmart stores in Idaho and Oregon due to numerous shoplifting incidents, making the theft a felony.
Man Jailed for Assaulting Girlfriend Promptly Calls Victim from Jail
• Jake D. Johnson, 19, of Chehalis, called police shortly before 11 a.m. to report his girlfriend allegedly bit him during a dispute on the 300 block of Southwest Third Street. When police arrived, however, they learned that Johnson had allegedly started the physical dispute by pushing his girlfriend and trying to prevent her from calling 911. The Chehalis man was arrested and booked into jail. Two hours later, he allegedly called his girlfriend from the jail, which violated the no-contact order that had been put in place after his initial arrest. He was booked for the additional crime.