CENTRALIA POLICE DEPARTMENT
• A Centralia woman was arrested in the 1100 block of Harrison Avenue just after 5:05 p.m. on Jan. 16 and was booked into the Lewis County Jail for unlawful possession of a controlled substance with intent to deliver.
• Just after 8:50 p.m. on Jan. 16, a victim reported two vehicle tires had been slashed in the 300 block of North Tower Avenue.
• A truck struck low wires in the 200 block of South Tower Avenue just after 12:25 p.m. on Jan. 17. No injuries were reported.
• A non-injury, two-vehicle collision was reported in the 1300 block of Mellen Street just after 12:35 p.m. on Jan. 17.
• Two cellphones were reported stolen out of a vehicle in the 800 block of Harrison Avenue at approximately 1:55 p.m. on Jan. 17.
• Over $1,000 worth of groceries was reported stolen from a business in the 1100 block of Harrison Avenue at 11 p.m. on Jan. 17. Officers located and stopped the suspect’s vehicle. Officers placed a Stop Stick under the suspect’s tire in case the suspect decided to flee, according to the Centralia Police Department. The suspect fled from the traffic stop, but due to the Stop Stick, the vehicle’s tire was deflated. The vehicle was located a few blocks away. The suspect was identified as Adrian Garcia, 22, of Centralia. Garcia had not been located as of Wednesday morning. There is probable cause to arrest Garcia for second-degree theft and eluding, according to the Centralia Police Department.
• A Centralia man was arrested in the 2000 block of Earl Street just before 1:25 a.m. on Jan. 18 and was booked into the Lewis County Jail on several outstanding warrants and for second-degree burglary after he allegedly broke a door to gain access to a residence in the 2000 block of Earl Street.
CHEHALIS POLICE DEPARTMENT
• A case of possible animal negligence was reported in the 500 block of Southwest William Avenue just after 10 a.m. on Jan. 13. The reporting party stated two dogs at the residence were “barking and whining.” A responding officer did not observe any dogs at the residence.
• A dog reportedly attacked a person in the 1000 block of Southwest 20th Street just before 12:35 p.m. on Jan. 14. The dog was one of three dogs involved in the incident, according to the reporting party. The attacking dog and one other were loose while the third was on a leash. The dogs’ owners took them into an apartment following the alleged attack.
• Just before 11:15 p.m. on Jan. 17, a caller in the 300 block of Southwest Third Street reported a white pit bull tried to attack their dog about a month prior. When asked to clarify, the caller reported the dog barked at the reporting party but no attack occurred.
• Just after 10:25 a.m. on Jan. 13, a caller reported two males spray painted a light post at the intersection of Northwest Louisiana Avenue and state Route 6 at approximately 6:15 p.m. the day prior.
• Just after 9:30 p.m. on Jan. 15, a caller in the 300 block of Southwest Chehalis Avenue reported a 15-year-old boy “threatened (them) with a drive-by shooting” about 20 minutes prior and later heard “something hit his house … at the same time a dark colored Lexus drove by.” The caller suspected a BB from an airsoft gun struck their house.
• A case of third-degree malicious mischief reported in the 1900 block of South Market Boulevard just before 1:10 p.m. on Jan. 17 is under investigation.
• A hit-and-run was reported in the 1700 block of North National Avenue at 11:40 a.m. on Jan. 13.
• At approximately 7:55 a.m. on Jan. 16, a hit-and-run that occurred in the 10 block of Southwest Cascade Avenue sometime overnight was reported.
• A non-injury, two-vehicle accident was reported at the intersection of South Market Boulevard and Southwest 13th Street just after 9:20 a.m. on Jan. 17.
• A male subject “with no bottoms on” was reportedly bathing himself at the north entrance to a building in the 300 block of Northwest North Street just before 4:15 p.m. on Jan. 13. No arrests were made.
• A verbal dispute over a parking spot was reported in the 1400 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue just after 6:45 p.m. on Jan. 13.
• A verbal dispute was reported in the 300 block of Southwest Third Street at 2:25 p.m. on Jan. 17.
Trespassed From Property
• A subject was cited for criminal trespassing in the 10 block of Southwest Chehalis Avenue just after 7:25 p.m. on Jan. 13 after a caller reported someone was sleeping inside his semi truck.
• A subject was trespassed from a business in the 1600 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue at 5 a.m. on Jan. 15 after he reportedly refused to leave. He was cited for trespassing about an hour later for returning to the property.
• “A remote control for the trains” was reported stolen out of a train car in the 700 block of North National Avenue at 6:40 a.m. on Jan. 14 after an unidentified suspect reportedly broke in.
• Just after 8:40 a.m. on Jan. 14, a vehicle prowl that occurred overnight was reported.
• A subject was arrested in the 1300 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue just after 9:30 a.m. on Jan. 16 and was booked into the Lewis County Jail for third-degree theft for allegedly stealing “random stuff” such as “school supplies” and “cheese” from businesses in the area.
• The back license plate of a work vehicle was reported stolen in the 1500 block of North National Avenue just after 11:10 a.m. on Jan. 17.
• At approximately 1:20 p.m. on Jan. 14, a caller reported their ex was following them in a vehicle in the 300 block of North Market Boulevard. The pursuer reportedly stopped following her after she stopped at Chehalis City Hall.
• A caller reported ongoing harassment from a neighbor in the 100 block of Southwest Interstate Avenue just before 4 p.m. on Jan. 14.
• A case of harassment was reported at the intersection of Southwest Lewis Street and Southwest Cascade Avenue just after 3:40 p.m. on Jan. 16. The reporting party said she has been feeding cats at the “cat sanctuary” in the area and a neighbor’s child “said their dad wanted (the reporting party) to die.”
• An 11-year-old girl was arrested in the 300 block of Southwest Third Street just after 9:40 p.m. on Jan. 14 and was booked into the Lewis County Juvenile Detention Center for alleged fourth-degree assault, domestic violence.
• A 44-year-old Chehalis man was referred to the Lewis County Prosecutor’s Office for a third-degree assault charge following an incident in the 800 block of state Route 6 at approximately 2 a.m. on Jan. 15. The Chehalis Police Department responded to assist Washington State Patrol.
• A death reported in the 400 block of Northwest Quincy Place just after 7:40 p.m. on Jan. 15 is under investigation. The decedent reportedly suffered cardiac arrest.
• Eric E. Pruitt, 46, of Centralia was arrested in the 2100 block of North National Avenue just after 12:30 a.m. on Jan. 16 and was booked into the Lewis County Jail for allegedly driving without an ignition interlock and driving under the influence after he reportedly drove the wrong way on the street.
LEWIS COUNTY JAIL STATISTICS
As of Wednesday morning, the Lewis County Jail had a total system population of 161 inmates, including 149 in the general population and 12 in the Work Ethic and Restitution Center (WERC). Of general population inmates, 119 were reported male and 30 were reported female. Of the WERC inmates, 10 were reported male and two were reported female.
Sirens are compiled by reporter Emily Fitzgerald, who can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Centralia Police Department can be reached at 360-330-7680, the Chehalis Police Department can be reached at 360-748-8605 and the Morton Police Department can be reached at 360-496-6636. If you were a victim of physical or sexual abuse, domestic violence or sexual assault, call Hope Alliance at 360-748-6601 or the Youth Advocacy Center of Lewis County at 360-623-1990.