Lewis County Sheriff’s Office
• Two cows are reportedly dead — the first one perished about two weeks ago — in the 2800 block of Little Hanaford Road after a woman reported at 8:30 a.m. Sunday that a second of her chocolate-colored beef cattle had been shot in their pasture; there are reportedly no suspects in the shootings.
• A 9-millimeter Beretta handgun was reportedly stolen from a residence in the 100 block of Del Ray Road in Mossyrock. A report Saturday said the gun went missing after a transient had worked at the residence.
Stolen Flat-screen TV
• A resident in the 200 block of North Fork Road in Chehalis reported his 40-inch flat-screen TV had been stolen from his residence sometime between Friday and Saturday; a window was reportedly damaged at his residence.
Violation of Protection-Order
• Larry W. Bergman, 65, of Onalaska, was arrested at 4:42 p.m. Sunday in the 2500 block of Jackson Highway for allegedly violating a protection order.
• Efrain Morales Sanchez, 28, of Chehalis, was arrested at 3:39 a.m. Sunday in the 2800 block of Jackson Highway for allegedly driving while under the influence; Sanchez reportedly drove his car into the oncoming lane of a deputy’s sheriff.
• Claudette L. Sooter, 63, of Winlock, was cited and released at 12:01 a.m. Saturday in the 600 block of North Military Road in Winlock for allegedly driving while under the influence; her car was towed from the scene.
Dog Bites Boy
• Morton General Hospital reported at 6:30 p.m. Sunday that a 4-year-old boy had been bitten by a dog; deputies learned the boy was bitten after crawling into a crate where the dog was kept in the 400 block of Cispus Road and was chewing on a toy; the boy’s mother refused to press charges.
Furnishing Alcohol to Minor
• With the assistance of the state liquor control board, sheriff’s deputies cited and released four bartenders at four different establishments Saturday night for serving alcohol to an 18-year-old woman who was working undercover. Cited at 6 p.m. at the Tall Timber Restaurant Lounge and Motel in the 10000 block of U.S. Highway 12 was Staci K. Davis, 45, of Randle; cited at 9:30 p.m. at the Paradise tavern in the 300 block of Northwest Chehalis Avenue in Chehalis was Kimberlee M. Brown, 28, of Chehalis; cited at 8 p.m. at the Rumors tavern in the 500 block of Northwest Pacific Avenue in Chehalis was Kristen N. Homan, 36, of Chehalis; cited at 9 p.m. at the Tower Tavern in the 1100 block of South Tower Avenue in Centralia was Elizabeth R. Boylan, 28, of Chehalis.
Driving Without Ignition Lock
• Jacob M. Simons, 29, of Onalaska, was arrested at 12:20 p.m. Monday when he was pulled over in the intersection of U.S. Highway 12 and state Route 122; Simons reportedly had three warrants out of Chehalis, was driving with a suspended license, and was driving without an ignition-lock — which he reportedly is required to have.
Stolen Gas — With Can
• A 5-gallon gas can with gas in it was reported stolen noon Monday in the 100 block of Orchard Drive in Salkum; at the same residence a door was reportedly damaged; total loss to residence is reportedly $50.
Centralia Police Department
• Jamie R. Anderson, 25, of Centralia, was booked at 7:30 p.m. Monday on outstanding warrants and alleged possession of heroin in the 100 block of West High Street.
• Drannon Smyth, 18, of Centralia, and a juvenile male were cited and released at 8 a.m. Monday in the 1200 block of Pearl Street for alleged possession of marijuana during a traffic stop.
• A two-vehicle, non-injury collision occurred at 9:11 a.m. Monday in the 1200 block of Belmont Avenue.
• Tools and a radiator were reported stolen at 3:14 p.m. Monday from a garage in the 2000 block of Williams Street.
Banged Bus Shelter
• A bus shelter was reported banged up at 8 a.m. Monday in the 200 block of East Locust Street.
• A purse was reported stolen from a car at 9 p.m. Monday in the 600 block of West Main Street.
Can of Dog Food: Heads Up!
• A white man wearing a red hat and driving a white Chevrolet van reportedly threw a can of dog food at another car at 11 p.m. Monday in the 1000 block of West Main Street; the van was last seen heading westbound.
Chehalis Police Department
• Michael J. Stedham, 23, a listed transient of Centralia, was arrested at 8:13 a.m. Friday in the 1000 block of Southeast Washington Avenue for allegedly trespassing in the fenced-in yard of a residence; Stedham was actually reported as being on the enclosed back porch of the residence when he was found, and he couldn’t explain why he was there, police said.
• A 2-year-old boy was reportedly found wandering alone at 2 p.m. Friday in the 200 block of 3rd Street near the bus garage; police say the boy was found doing the same thing about six months ago — each time the mother reportedly was unaware he was wandering alone — and has now been referred to Child Protective Services.
Shoplifting at Walmart
• Sharon C. Woods, 24, of Chehalis, was arrested at 4:20 p.m. Friday for alleged second-degree burglary for shoplifting at Walmart; Woods had been reportedly previously arrested for shoplifting at the store and had been trespassed from the premises.
• Lisa M. Velasco, 43, of Ocean Park, was arrested and released at 5 p.m. Monday for allegedly shoplifting at Walmart.
• A woman in her 50s, about 5 feet 8 inches tall and weighing less than 110 pounds, driving a newer model red four-wheel-drive truck with a short bed, reportedly drove away from a gas station at 4:30 p.m. Friday in the 600 block of West Main Street without paying for gas.
Lewis County Jail
• Inmate population in the main facility as of early this morning: 185 inmates; 143 are men and 42 are women. Of the total facility, none are work-release inmates. Seventy-one are contract bed inmates from outside agencies. None are on electronic home monitoring and none are day reporting. In the past 24 hours, as of early this morning, 15 people were booked into the jail and 10 were released.
By The Chronicle Staff
Please call news reporter Adam Pearson with news tips. He can be reached at 807-8208 or email@example.com.