CHEHALIS POLICE DEPARTMENT
• A stolen vehicle was recovered from the 400 block of Southwest William Avenue at 4 p.m. on Jan. 12.
• Just after 10:25 a.m. on Jan. 13, there was a report of counterfeit money in the 1400 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue.
• A subject was cited for disorderly conduct in the 1100 block of South Market Boulevard just before 7 p.m. on Jan. 12 after they were allegedly involved in a physical dispute.
• A subject was arrested in the 100 block of North Market Boulevard just before 6:50 a.m. on Jan. 13 and was booked into the Lewis County Jail for alleged fourth-degree assault, domestic violence.
• A non-injury, two-vehicle collision was reported in the 1900 block of South Market Boulevard just before 8:45 p.m. on Jan. 12.
• A third-degree theft reported in the 500 block of North Market Boulevard at approximately 4:05 p.m. on Jan. 12 is under investigation.
• Personal items were reported stolen from a vehicle in the 200 block of Southwest Third Street just before 9:10 a.m. on Jan. 13.
• A subject was cited for shoplifting in the 1700 block of North National Avenue at approximately 9:50 a.m. on Jan. 13.
• Tennis shoes were reported stolen from the 1500 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue just after 7:25 p.m. on Jan. 13.
• A hit-and-run to a parked vehicle was reported in the 10 block of Northeast Washington Avenue just before 1:40 p.m. on Jan. 13.
CENTRALIA POLICE DEPARTMENT
• At approximately 8:20 a.m. on Jan. 13, a burglary was reported at a building in the 2500 block of Seward Avenue. It is unknown whether anything was taken.
• Charges against David L. Davenport, 32, of Centralia, have been referred to the Lewis County Prosecutor’s Office after Davenport allegedly entered a protected person’s residence in the 400 block of South Gold Street and displayed a firearm. Davenport fled the scene prior to officers’ arrival. A K-9 track was conducted, but police were unable to locate Davenport.
Theft of Services
• A business in the 200 block of South Tower Avenue reported finding garbage belonging to another person in their dumpster just after 9:10 a.m. on Jan. 13.
• At 2 p.m. on Jan. 12, $500 was reported stolen from a purse in the 700 block of Pioneer Way. The case is under investigation.
• Items were reported stolen from a business in the 600 block of North Gold Street just after 10:45 a.m. on Jan. 13 after a victim discovered their storage unit had been broken into.
• Approximately $1,500 worth of merchandise was reported stolen from a business in the 1400 block of Lum Road at approximately 4 p.m. on Jan. 13.
• A 17-year-old was arrested in the 1000 block of Borst Avenue just before 12:30 a.m. on Jan. 13 and was booked into the Lewis County Juvenile Center for third-degree malicious mischief after they were allegedly caught spray painting a car and a sign. Officers also discovered more damages to other property and are investigating to see if it is related to the case.
Assault and Harassment
• A 16-year-old was arrested in the 2800 block of Russell Road just after 7:30 p.m. on Jan. 13 and was booked into the Lewis County Juvenile Detention Center on an outstanding warrant and for allegedly kicking an officer in the leg during the arrest.
• An assault against a nurse reported in the 900 block of South Scheuber Road just before 2:25 a.m. on Jan. 14 is under investigation.
• A subject was cited for harassment in the 900 block of South Scheuber Road at approximately 3:05 a.m. after they allegedly made “threatening statements” to a nurse.
LEWIS COUNTY JAIL STATISTICS
As of Friday morning, the Lewis County Jail had a total system population of 139 inmates, including 125 in the general population and 14 in the Work Ethic and Restitution Center. Of general population inmates, 101 were reported male and 24 were reported female. All WERC inmates were reported male.
Sirens are compiled by reporter Emily Fitzgerald, who can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Centralia Police Department can be reached at 360-330-7680, the Chehalis Police Department can be reached at 360-748-8605 and the Morton Police Department can be reached at 360-496-6636. If you were a victim of physical or sexual abuse, domestic violence or sexual assault, call Hope Alliance at 360-748-6601 or the Youth Advocacy Center of Lewis County at 360-623-1990.