CENTRALIA POLICE DEPARTMENT
• A non-injury, two-vehicle collision was reported in the 1100 block of Harrison Avenue at 10:50 a.m. on Sept. 15. Damage was minor and the drivers exchanged information.
• A collision on private property in the 1200 block of Harrison Avenue was reported at approximately 7:10 p.m. on Sept. 16.
• A 37-year-old Centralia man was cited for negligent driving after he was involved in a collision in the 1800 block of Harrison Avenue just after 9:10 p.m. on Sept. 16.
• A non-injury, two-vehicle collision was reported in the 1100 block of Harrison Avenue just before noon on Sept. 17.
• Just before 11:25 a.m. on Sept. 15, a vehicle prowl that took place in the 700 block of H Street sometime overnight was reported.
• A 50-year-old Centralia man was cited for shoplifting food from a store in the 500 block of South Tower Avenue just before 9:35 p.m. on Sept. 15.
• A wallet was reported stolen from the 1000 block of Eckerson Road just before 1:40 p.m. on Sept. 17.
• A 42-year-old Tacoma man was arrested in the 100 block of West High Street just after 3:25 p.m. on Sept. 17 and was booked into the Lewis County Jail for allegedly stealing $1,200 worth of merchandise from an outlet store. “Over the past two years, this same store reported that (the man) is a prolific thief and has taken tens of thousands of dollars’ worth of merchandise without paying for it,” according to the Centralia Police Department. Several additional cases are pending.
• Just after 12:45 p.m. on Sept. 15, there was a report that three tires were slashed in the 1700 block of Harrison Avenue sometime overnight.
• Just after 7:25 a.m. on Sept. 16, there was a report that several tires were damaged in the 1700 block of Harrison Avenue sometime overnight.
• Damage to a window in the 200 block of North Ash Street was reported just after 5:20 p.m. on Sept. 17.
• Juveniles were reportedly fighting in the 1000 block of Scammon Creek Road just before 4:30 p.m. on Sept. 15. The case is under investigation.
• A physical dispute “between friends” was reported in the 1800 block of Harrison Avenue just before 9:10 p.m. on Sept. 16. None of the involved parties wanted to pursue criminal charges.
• A 59-year-old Centralia woman was cited for reckless driving after she was involved in a “road rage incident” in the 500 block of Harrison Avenue then drove recklessly through a parking lot, “making people in the parking lot fear for their safety,” just before 5:45 p.m. on Sept. 15.
• A 40-year-old Centralia man was arrested in the 100 block of South Tower Avenue just after 1 a.m. on Sept. 16 and was booked into the Lewis County Jail for driving under the influence.
• A 44-year-old Centralia man was arrested in the 1300 block of South Gold Street at approximately 1:05 p.m. on Sept. 17 and was booked into the Lewis County Jail for being in physical control of a motor vehicle while under the influence of alcohol.
• A homeless person from Centralia was trespassed from a business in the 900 block of Harrison Avenue just after 1:40 a.m. on Sept. 16 for “causing a disturbance and acting disorderly.”
• At 9:50 a.m. on Sept. 16, a homeless man from Centralia and a homeless woman from Montana were trespassed for a year from a park in the 100 block of South Silver Street after they were found with open containers of alcohol.
• A 50-year-old Centralia man was arrested in the 900 block of Harrison Avenue just after 2:30 a.m. on Sept. 18 and was booked into the Lewis County Jail for second-degree trespassing and obstructing law enforcement.
• A 60-year-old homeless man from Lewis County was arrested in the 1000 block of West Reynolds Avenue just before 11:30 a.m. on Sept. 16 and was booked into the Lewis County Jail for possession of a controlled substance with intent to deliver. The arresting officer had stopped the man for a traffic violation and during the traffic stop, the officer noticed drug paraphernalia inside the vehicle and in the man’s pocket. “Further investigation revealed (the man) was in possession of items often used in distribution of illegal narcotics,” according to the Centralia Police Department.
• A 29-year-old Centralia man was arrested in the 800 block of South Gold Street just after 2:20 a.m. on Sept. 17 and was booked into the Lewis County Jail for fourth-degree assault, domestic violence. He was additionally booked for possession of dangerous weapons after law enforcement personnel found the man had brass knuckles in his possession.
LEWIS COUNTY JAIL STATISTICS
As of Monday morning, the Lewis County Jail had a total system population of 153 inmates, including 139 in the general population and 14 in the Work Ethic and Restitution Center (WERC). Of general population inmates, 106 were reported male and 33 were reported female. Of the WERC inmates, 12 were reported male and two were reported female.
Sirens are compiled by reporter Emily Fitzgerald, who can be reached at email@example.com. The Centralia Police Department can be reached at 360-330-7680, the Chehalis Police Department can be reached at 360-748-8605 and the Morton Police Department can be reached at 360-496-6636. If you were a victim of physical or sexual abuse, domestic violence or sexual assault, call Hope Alliance at 360-748-6601 or the Youth Advocacy Center of Lewis County at 360-623-1990.