CENTRALIA POLICE DEPARTMENT
• Officers are investigating a sexual assault allegation reported in the 700 block of West Main Street at approximately 12:30 p.m. on Jan. 6.
• Jennifer L. Barber, 46, of Mossyrock, was arrested at the intersection of Yew and Elm streets just after 5:30 p.m. on Jan. 6 and was booked into the Lewis County Jail for allegedly driving under the influence after she was reportedly found “passed out in a vehicle she had driven up on the sidewalk.”
• A non-injury, two-vehicle accident was reported at the intersection of West Main and South Cedar streets just after 5:10 p.m. on Jan. 6.
• A non-injury collision was reported in a parking lot in the 1100 block of Harrison Avenue at approximately 5:15 p.m. on Jan. 6.
• A non-injury, two-vehicle collision was reported at the intersection of East Main Street and North Tower Avenue just before 1 a.m. on Jan. 8.
• A non-injury, two-vehicle collision was reported at the intersection of Reynolds Avenue and Johnson Road just after 5:45 p.m. on Jan. 8.
• A hit-and-run was reported in the 700 block of West Cherry Street at approximately 4:05 p.m. on Jan. 8.
• A male suspect reportedly attempted to steal a propane tank from a travel trailer in the 1200 block of Alder Street just before 3:45 p.m. on Jan. 6.
• A male suspected of shoplifting from a retail store in the 1400 block of Lum Road just after 6 p.m. on Jan. 6 was trespassed from the business.
• A blue, 3000-watt Champion generator was reported stolen from the 300 block of Wilding Street at 12:55 p.m. on Jan. 8.
• Medication and cigarettes were reported stolen out of a parked car in the 200 block of South Tower Avenue just before 5:20 a.m. on Jan. 8.
• A Centralia man was arrested in the 100 block of North Tower Avenue just before 1:45 a.m. on Jan. 7 and was booked into the Lewis County Jail for second-degree burglary after he was reportedly found inside a building attempting to steal property.
• An unknown suspect reportedly broke into an empty residence in the 200 block of Reynolds Avenue at approximately 5:05 a.m. on Jan. 9 and rummaged through items inside.
• Graffiti was reported on a building in the 200 block of North King Street just before 4:45 p.m. on Jan. 7.
• Possible third-degree malicious mischief, domestic violence charges were referred against a Rochester man who reportedly damaged siding on a shed in the 2000 block of Ahlers Avenue just before 5:15 p.m. on Jan. 7.
• A Centralia man was arrested in the 1800 block of North Pearl Street at approximately 11:45 a.m. on Jan. 8 and was booked into the Lewis County Jail for alleged fourth-degree assault, domestic violence.
CHEHALIS POLICE DEPARTMENT
• At approximately 10 a.m. on Jan. 5, a hit-and-run that occurred in the 500 block of Northwest Front Street between 8:45 a.m. and 9 a.m. that morning was reported.
• Just before 7:15 p.m. on Jan. 5, a hit-and-run that occurred at the intersection of North National Avenue and Northeast Coal Creek Road the day prior was reported.
• A hit-and-run where the at-fault driver gave the other driver her number, told the other driver to meet her at a nearby parking lot to exchange insurance information and never showed up, was reported in the 1700 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue just after 8:25 p.m. on Jan. 5.
• A man was reportedly walking on railroad tracks in the 10 block of Southwest Chehalis Avenue just after 12:15 p.m. on Jan. 5.
• A case of shoplifting was reported in the 1500 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue at 3:25 p.m. on Jan. 5.
• A verbal dispute was reported in the 900 block of Southwest 20th Street at 3 a.m. on Jan. 6.
• A case of harassment reported in the 10 block of Southwest Chehalis Avenue at 7:30 a.m. on Jan. 6 is under investigation.
LEWIS COUNTY JAIL STATISTICS
As of Monday morning, the Lewis County Jail had a total system population of 155 inmates, including 144 in the general population and 11 in the Work Ethic and Restitution Center (WERC). Of general population inmates, 112 were reported male and 32 were reported female. All WERC inmates were reported male.
Sirens are compiled by reporter Emily Fitzgerald, who can be reached at email@example.com. The Centralia Police Department can be reached at 360-330-7680, the Chehalis Police Department can be reached at 360-748-8605 and the Morton Police Department can be reached at 360-496-6636. If you were a victim of physical or sexual abuse, domestic violence or sexual assault, call Hope Alliance at 360-748-6601 or the Youth Advocacy Center of Lewis County at 360-623-1990.