CENTRALIA POLICE DEPARTMENT
• A hit-and-run reported in the 1200 block of Centralia Avenue just after 10:10 a.m. on Dec. 3 is under investigation.
• A hit-and-run was reported in the 600 block of North Tower Avenue at approximately 3 p.m. on Dec. 4.
• A hit-and-run was reported at the intersection of North Washington Avenue and West Main Street just before 5 p.m. on Dec. 4.
• A non-injury, two-vehicle collision was reported at the intersection of Mellen and Yew streets just before 5:10 p.m. on Dec. 3.
• A non-injury, two-vehicle collision was reported in the 300 block of North Gold Street at 9:50 a.m. on Dec. 4.
• A non-injury, two-vehicle collision was reported in the 600 block of North Pearl Street at 1:50 p.m. on Dec. 4.
• An interrupted burglary reported in the 500 block of South Cedar Street just after 1 a.m. on Dec. 4 is under investigation. The suspect reportedly fled on foot with stolen property, which was recovered a short time later.
• Miscellaneous items were reported stolen from a residence in the 2200 block of Ninth Street at 2:40 p.m. on Dec. 5.
• A subject was arrested in the 1200 block of Lum Road just after 5:45 p.m. on Dec. 4 and was booked into the Lewis County Jail for allegedly stealing clothing and providing someone else’s identity to police to avoid an arrest warrant.
• A 1998 Honda Civic with a Washington license plate (BVT5189) was reported stolen from the 1900 block of Ahlers Avenue just after 9:25 a.m. on Dec. 6.
• Police received several calls about a “naked male walking down a neighborhood street” at 8:40 a.m. on Dec. 4. Officers responded to the intersection of West Second and H streets and found the subject wearing pants and underwear, but witnesses reported he was “completely naked” prior to the officers’ arrival. The subject allegedly took his pants off when officers contacted him. He was arrested and was booked into the Lewis County Jail for alleged indecent exposure.
• A vehicle prowl reported in the 2000 block of Borst Avenue just before 5:45 p.m. on Dec. 4 is under investigation. The vehicle’s window was broken and a purse was reported stolen.
• A report of fourth-degree assault, domestic violence, made in the 200 block of North Ash Street just after 10:25 p.m. on Dec. 4 is under investigation.
• A subject was arrested and released in the 100 block of North Gold Street just after 9:05 p.m. on Dec. 5 for alleged fourth-degree assault.
• A subject was arrested in the 400 block of South Gold Street just after 2:05 a.m. on Dec. 6 and was booked into the Lewis County Jail for allegedly damaging property that didn’t belong to him.
• Mark A. Olsen, 39, of Centralia, was arrested in the 500 block of North Tower Avenue just after 2:30 a.m. on Dec. 6 and was booked into the Lewis County Jail for allegedly driving under the influence.
CHEHALIS POLICE DEPARTMENT
• Just before 8:25 a.m. on Dec. 3, police were called to W.F. West High School regarding the discovery of a student possessing drugs at school. A 16-year-old male was referred to Lewis County Juvenile Court for alleged possession of a controlled substance, identified as marijuana.
Children Left In Car
• Just after 10:30 a.m. on Dec. 3, a caller reported an infant and a 4-year-old who were left alone in a vehicle parked in the 2500 block of North National Avenue. The caller noted the children “(did) not seem in distress” at the time of the report.
• A non-injury, two-vehicle collision was reported in the 100 block of Southwest Interstate Avenue just after 12:40 p.m. on Dec. 3.
Recovered Stolen Vehicle
• At 2:15 p.m. on Dec. 3, a caller reported an abandoned vehicle in the 1300 block of Southwest Kelly Avenue that had been left sometime overnight.
• A vehicle was reported stolen from the 1300 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue just after 3:35 p.m. on Dec. 3.
• A vehicle prowl reported in the 10 block of Southwest Chehalis Avenue at 1:30 p.m. on Dec. 4 is under investigation.
• At approximately 2:20 p.m. on Dec. 4, a license plate was reported stolen from the 100 block of Northeast Boistfort Street sometime the night before.
• A second-degree burglary reported in the 1700 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue just before 10 a.m. on Dec. 5 is under investigation.
• A vehicle prowl was reported in the 200 block of Northeast Washington Avenue just after 6:25 a.m. on Dec. 6.
LEWIS COUNTY JAIL STATISTICS
As of Monday morning, the Lewis County Jail had a total system population of 147 inmates, including 131 in the general population and 16 in the Work Ethic and Restitution Center. Of general population inmates, 107 were reported male and 24 were reported female. All WERC inmates were reported male.
Sirens are compiled by reporter Emily Fitzgerald, who can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Centralia Police Department can be reached at 360-330-7680, the Chehalis Police Department can be reached at 360-748-8605 and the Morton Police Department can be reached at 360-496-6636. If you were a victim of physical or sexual abuse, domestic violence or sexual assault, call Hope Alliance at 360-748-6601 or the Youth Advocacy Center of Lewis County at 360-623-1990.