CHEHALIS POLICE DEPARTMENT
• A non-injury, two-vehicle collision was reported in the 300 block of Southwest Third Street at 9:05 a.m. on Jan. 6.
• A driver reported head pain after they were involved in a T-bone collision at the intersection of Northwest Louisiana Avenue and Northwest Chamber of Commerce Way just after 1 p.m. on Jan. 6. The incident blocked traffic until the vehicles could be cleared.
• At approximately 7:10 p.m. on Jan. 7, a caller reported a truck in a ditch in the 2100 block of North National Avenue. The driver reportedly got into a different vehicle and left the scene before the vehicle was towed.
• A non-injury, two-vehicle collision was reported in the 1600 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue just after 1 p.m. on Jan. 8.
• A non-injury, two-vehicle collision was reported at the intersection of Northwest Chamber of Commerce Way and Northwest State Avenue on Jan. 9 just before midnight.
• A vehicle accident with injuries that was reported at the intersection of Jackson Highway and Wallace Road just after 1:05 p.m. on Jan. 9 is under investigation.
• At 4:10 a.m. on Jan. 7, a caller reported there was water in the Chehalis Avenue Apartments in the 300 block of Southwest Third Street. Twin Transit sent two buses to help evacuate residents, who were taken to the Red Cross emergency shelter at Centralia Middle School.
• A third-degree theft was reported in the 1700 block of North National Avenue at 9:20 a.m. on Jan. 7.
• A power washer was reported stolen from a shed in the 1400 block of Southwest Snively Avenue at 2:50 p.m. on Jan. 8.
• Just after 9:20 a.m. on Jan. 9, a miter saw and power fan were reported stolen from a vehicle in the 1700 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue.
• Credit cards and keys were reported stolen from an unlocked vehicle in the 400 block of Northeast Washington Avenue just after 12:05 p.m. on Jan. 9.
• Shoplifting was reported in the 1100 block of South Market Boulevard just after 7:10 p.m. on Jan. 9.
• Just after 7:35 p.m. on Jan. 9, items were reported stolen from the 600 block of West Main Street sometime between 6 p.m. and 6:20 p.m. that day.
• Two subjects were referred to the attorney for the City of Chehalis for possible fourth-degree assault charges following an incident reported in the 1500 block of North National Avenue just before 5 p.m. on Jan. 7.
• A death reported in the 1900 block of South Market Boulevard at 10:10 p.m. on Jan. 7 is under investigation.
CENTRALIA POLICE DEPARTMENT
• A subject was cited for trespassing in the 1300 block of Belmont Avenue just before 2:55 p.m. on Jan. 5 after they were located on property they’d been trespassed from.
• A subject described as an “older man” wearing “bright colors and no pants” was cited for trespassing in the 700 block of Northwest Liberty Place at 8:35 a.m. on Jan. 9 after he allegedly exposed himself on the backside of the property.
Attempted Vehicle Theft
• Just after 4:15 p.m. on Jan. 5, a vehicle owner in the 1100 block of Roosevelt Avenue reported the ignition to her vehicle had been broken out sometime in the last couple of weeks.
• A silver 2017 Carry On cargo trailer was reported stolen from the 400 block of South Pearl Street just before 9:45 a.m. on Jan. 9.
• A subject was arrested at the intersection of Woodland Avenue and Jefferson Street just after 11:05 p.m. on Jan. 9 and was booked into the Lewis County Jail for alleged vehicle theft.
• A subject was cited for third-degree theft in the 500 block of South Tower Avenue just after 6:10 p.m. on Jan. 9.
• At approximately 8:05 a.m. on Jan. 10, tools were reported stolen from a shed in the 100 block of South Washington Avenue sometime within the last few days.
• A non-injury, two-vehicle collision was reported at the intersection of Harrison and Belmont avenues just after 9 p.m. on Jan. 6.
• A non-injury, two vehicle collision was reported at the intersection of North Tower Avenue and West Sixth Street at approximately 2:45 p.m. on Jan. 9.
• Centralia police officers responded to several pedestrians and vehicles stranded in water within the city of Centralia throughout the day on Jan. 6. Officers were able to assist them in getting out of the water to safety.
Criminal Traffic Violation
• A Tacoma man was cited for disobeying a traffic control device at the intersection of Harrison Avenue and northbound Interstate 5 just before 10:55 a.m. on Jan. 7.
• Cody D. Alviar, 28, of Rochester, was arrested at the intersection of Harrison Avenue and northbound Interstate 5 just after 4:55 p.m. on Jan. 7 and was booked into the Lewis County Jail for allegedly driving under the influence after he was stopped for driving around barricades.
Eluding Police, Robbery, Assault and Residential Burglary
• Ryan M. Swerland, 31, of Seattle, was arrested at the intersection of East Maple and North Diamond streets just after 8:15 a.m. on Jan. 9 and was booked into the Lewis County Jail for eluding law enforcement after he allegedly fled from a police officer who attempted to contact him. The officer who tried to contact him had suspected Swerland of being impaired and of driving a stolen vehicle. Swerland was additionally booked on outstanding felony warrants for second-degree robbery, second-degree assault and residential burglary.
• A subject was referred to the Lewis County Prosecutor’s Office for possible fourth-degree assault charges after they allegedly threw soup on a neighbor in the 1000 block of Scammon Creek Road at 11:10 a.m. on Jan. 9.
• A subject was referred to the City of Centralia’s attorney for possible fourth-degree assault charges just before 7:20 a.m. on Jan. 10.
Giving False Information
• A subject was cited for providing a false name to a police officer who stopped them for a minor traffic infraction at the intersection of Yew and Mellen streets at 3:30 a.m. on Jan. 10.
LEWIS COUNTY JAIL STATISTICS
As of Monday morning, the Lewis County Jail had a total system population of 139 inmates, including 122 in the general population and 17 in the Work Ethic and Restitution Center. Of general population inmates, 99 were reported male and 23 were reported female. All WERC inmates were reported male.
Sirens are compiled by reporter Emily Fitzgerald, who can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Centralia Police Department can be reached at 360-330-7680, the Chehalis Police Department can be reached at 360-748-8605 and the Morton Police Department can be reached at 360-496-6636. If you were a victim of physical or sexual abuse, domestic violence or sexual assault, call Hope Alliance at 360-748-6601 or the Youth Advocacy Center of Lewis County at 360-623-1990.