CENTRALIA POLICE DEPARTMENT
• A game console was reported stolen from the 100 block of South Silver Street just before 9:20 a.m. on Nov. 30. The case is under investigation.
• A theft involving the fraudulent cashing of checks was reported in the 1300 block of South Gold Street just after 4:15 p.m. on Dec. 1. The case is under investigation.
• A purse was reported stolen from the 500 block of Harrison Avenue at 6:40 p.m. on Dec. 1. The case is under investigation.
• Shoplifting was reported at a business in the 1300 block of Lum Road at approximately 6:50 p.m. on Dec. 1. An officer located the suspect vehicle and attempted to conduct a traffic stop, but the suspect attempted to elude the officer. The officer did not pursue the suspect vehicle per state law, according to the Centralia Police Department.
• A vehicle prowl was reported in the 70 block of Pioneer Way just after 9:35 p.m. on Dec. 1. The unidentified suspect or suspects reportedly broke two windows out of a vehicle and stole several items, including an Apple iPad with American Airline stickers, an aviation headset, a Cole Haan work bag and various other items.
• Several items were reported stolen during a burglary in the 1300 block of Alexander Street just before 8:30 p.m. on Dec. 1.
• A Chehalis man was cited for possession of meth in the 100 block of Pioneer Way just before 9:35 a.m. on Nov. 30.
• A Centralia woman was cited for trespassing in the 100 block of South Silver Street at 4:05 p.m. on Nov. 30.
• A Chehalis man was cited for trespassing in the 500 block of South Tower Avenue just after 5:05 p.m. on Dec. 1.
• Bryan C. Finch, 63, of Centralia, was arrested in the 800 block of E Street at 2:35 a.m. on Dec. 1 and was booked into the Lewis County Jail for allegedly driving under the influence.
• A non-injury, two-vehicle accident was reported at the intersection of Yew and West Pear streets at approximately 12:35 p.m. on Dec. 1.
CHEHALIS POLICE DEPARTMENT
• Injuries were reported from a vehicle accident at the intersection of Northeast Kresky Avenue and Northeast Median Street just after 2:50 p.m. on Nov. 30. A vehicle reportedly left the roadway into a ditch.
• A third-degree theft reported in the 1600 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue just after 4:10 p.m. on Nov. 30 is under investigation.
• A theft reported in the 1700 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue just before 12:25 p.m. on Dec. 1 is under investigation.
• A “disturbance/dispute” reported in the 500 block of North Market Boulevard just before 5:30 p.m. on Nov. 30 is under investigation.
• A verbal dispute in the 1500 block of North National Avenue was reported at 12:45 p.m. on Dec. 1. One of the subjects reportedly made threats towards a female manager at a business and was trespassed.
• A verbal dispute was reported in the 300 block of Southwest Third Street just before 3:30 p.m. on Dec. 1.
• A man was reportedly “screaming” at children in the 100 block of Melhart Road at 3:55 p.m. on Dec. 1
Arrested for Trespassing After Racist Remarks
• A woman who was reportedly “calling (a) cashier racist names” at a business in the 600 block of West Main Street just after 6:10 p.m. on Nov. 30 was arrested and booked into the Lewis County Jail for trespassing.
• At approximately 6:45 p.m. on Dec. 1, a caller reported four males were “attempting to lure her 15-year-old daughter” at a store in the 1600 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue.
• A case of fourth-degree assault, domestic violence, was reported in the 100 block of Southwest Interstate Avenue at approximately 8:20 p.m. on Dec. 1. No arrests were made.
LEWIS COUNTY JAIL STATISTICS
As of Friday morning, the Lewis County Jail had a total system population of 145 inmates, including 132 in the general population and 13 in the Work Ethic and Restitution Center (WERC). Of general population inmates, 102 were reported male and 30 were reported female. Of the WERC inmates, 11 were reported male and two were reported female.
Sirens are compiled by reporter Emily Fitzgerald, who can be reached at email@example.com. The Centralia Police Department can be reached at 360-330-7680, the Chehalis Police Department can be reached at 360-748-8605 and the Morton Police Department can be reached at 360-496-6636. If you were a victim of physical or sexual abuse, domestic violence or sexual assault, call Hope Alliance at 360-748-6601 or the Youth Advocacy Center of Lewis County at 360-623-1990.