CENTRALIA POLICE DEPARTMENT
Theft and Burglary
• At 10:25 a.m. on March 5, gardening equipment was reported stolen from the 1100 block of Mellen Street.
• At 3:40 p.m. on March 6, a victim reported their residence in the 1100 block of North Washington Avenue was broken into and documents were stolen.
• Rommel R. Cummins, 37, of Kelso, was arrested just before 7:15 p.m. on March 6 in the 110 block of South Gold Street and booked into the Lewis County Jail for second-degree attempted burglary after he allegedly attempted to break into a residence.
• Theft of merchandise was reported in the 1300 block of Lum Road just before 6 p.m. on March 7.
• Theft of merchandise was reported in the 1400 block of Lum Road at 6 p.m. on March 7.
• Theft of alcohol was reported in the 1100 block of Harrison Avenue just before 12:25 a.m. on March 8.
• A non-injury, two-vehicle collision was reported at noon on March 5 at the intersection of Harrison Avenue and Galvin Road.
• A vehicle ran into a shopping cart corral in the 1100 block of Harrison Avenue just after 2:20 p.m. on March 5. No injuries were reported.
• A non-injury, two-vehicle collision was reported just after noon on March 6 in the 700 block of Harrison Avenue.
• Just before 4:10 p.m. on March 6, a victim reported they were rear-ended at the intersection of northbound Interstate 5 and Harrison Avenue and the vehicle fled the scene.
• At 11:30 a.m. on March 7, it was reported that mailboxes in the 900 block of Mikayla Lane were damaged sometime overnight.
• At 8:15 p.m. on March 7, it was reported that a white Ford truck hit a tree and a garbage can in the 200 block of North Tower Avenue before fleeing the area.
• Edman D. Hidalgo-Castillo, 22, of Centralia, was arrested at the intersection of West Cherry and South Silver streets just after 9:35 p.m. on March 6 and booked into the Lewis County Jail for allegedly driving under the influence.
Domestic Violence Arrests
• Temple L. Allen, 45, of Centralia, was arrested just before 9:15 p.m. in the 900 block of Madrona Avenue on a charge of telephonic harassment, domestic violence, after allegedly calling a family member “repeatedly during all hours of the day and night.”
• Bailey A. Jones, 22, and Jenaya R. Sharon, 46, both of Centralia, were arrested just before 11 p.m. on March 5 for alleged fourth-degree assault, domestic violence. Jones was booked into the Lewis County Jail and Sharon was referred to Centralia Municipal Court.
CHEHALIS POLICE DEPARTMENT
• At 11:30 a.m. on March 5, a woman reported that she was being “followed by her stalker” in the 1600 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue, and stated that “he always leaves when (she) is on the phone.” No arrests were made.
Theft and Burglary
• A theft reported in the 1400 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue just after 12:45 p.m. on March 5 is under investigation.
• A man was arrested and released for allegedly shoplifting in the 1600 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue just after 3:30 p.m. on March 5.
• A potential robbery was reported in the 1400 block of Northwest Airport Road just after 7:20 p.m. on March 5. No arrests were made.
• A second-degree burglary in the 10 block of Southwest 3rd Street reported just after 4:20 p.m. on March 7 is under investigation.
• A man was arrested at 6:40 p.m. on March 7 in the 1700 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue and released after he allegedly took items from a store and attempted to return them for a refund.
• A third-degree theft reported just after 6:50 p.m. on March 7 in the 1500 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue is under investigation.
• A woman was arrested and released for alleged third-degree theft in the 1700 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue just before 7 p.m. on March 7.
• Just before 7 a.m. on March 7, a caller in the 1600 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue reported that she had seen someone sitting in her vehicle earlier that morning and she now saw that multiple items were missing, including a knife.
• At 11:50 a.m. on March 7, a caller reported that a phone was stolen overnight from a vehicle in the 1500 block of North National Avenue.
• A dispute reported just after 10 p.m. on March 6 in the 500 block of Southeast Washington Avenue is under investigation.
• Suspicious circumstances reported at 7:15 p.m. on March 7 in the 10 block of Southwest Chehalis Avenue are under investigation.
• At 10:10 a.m. on March 7, a caller requested a welfare check for a woman in the 1500 block of Southwest William Avenue, suspecting a case of domestic violence. No arrests were made.
Shot With a Paintball Gun
• At 11:05 p.m. on March 7, a subject reportedly drove through the 600 block of Northwest St. Helens Avenue and shot out a window with a paintball gun.
Let Themselves In
• At 1:15 a.m. on March 8, a caller reported that people had “let themselves in his house” in the 300 block of Southwest Riverside Drive and were refusing to leave. The situation reportedly escalated to a physical dispute, but no arrests were made.
LEWIS COUNTY JAIL STATISTICS
As of Monday morning, the Lewis County Jail had a total system population of 138 inmates, including 127 in the general population and 11 in the Work Ethic and Restitution Center. Of general population inmates, 105 were male and 22 were female. All WERC inmates were male.
Sirens are compiled by reporter Emily Fitzgerald, who can be reached at email@example.com. The Centralia Police Department can be reached at 360-330-7680 and the Chehalis Police Department can be reached at 360-748-8605. If you were a victim of physical or sexual abuse, domestic violence or sexual assault, call Hope Alliance at 360-748-6601 or the Youth Advocacy Center of Lewis County at 360-623-1990.