CENTRALIA POLICE DEPARTMENT
• A non-injury, non-blocking, two-vehicle collision was reported at the intersection of South Tower Avenue and West Cherry Street just after 2:05 p.m. on Nov. 17.
• A non-injury, non-blocking, two-vehicle collision was reported in the 700 block of Harrison Avenue just after 3 p.m. on Nov. 17.
• Possible injuries were reported following a two-vehicle, blocking collision at the intersection of Woodland Avenue and Alder Street just after 12:20 p.m. on Nov. 18. Officers and medical units responded. The Centralia Police Department said Monday it did not know the severity of the injuries sustained in the crash.
• A 23-year-old Centralia woman was cited for driving on a suspended license after she was involved in a non-injury collision in the 1400 block of Kresky Avenue at approximately 4:30 p.m. on Nov. 18.
• A non-injury, two-vehicle collision was reported at the intersection of West Reynolds Avenue and Johnson Road at approximately 7:35 p.m. on Nov. 19.
• A hit-and-run reported at the intersection of North Gold and East Maple streets at approximately 8:15 p.m. on Nov. 18 is under investigation.
• A 46-year-old Centralia resident was arrested at the intersection of North Tower Avenue and East Third Street at approximately 9:10 p.m. on Nov. 18 and was booked into the Lewis County Jail for DUI.
• A burglary of a business in the 1600 block of Kresky Avenue was reported just before 4:10 a.m. on Nov. 18. Two suspects reportedly broke the front door to the business before one male suspect entered and stole eight RC cars, totalling over $3,000 in value, and handed them to the second suspect. Both suspects immediately fled the scene, according to the Centralia Police Department.
• At approximately 12:30 p.m. on Nov. 19, a garden rake was reported stolen off of a porch in the 600 block of South Gold Street sometime overnight.
• A 33-year-old Seattle man was cited for stealing a charging cord from a store in the 500 block of South Tower Avenue just after 1:10 p.m. on Nov. 19.
• At 8:45 p.m. on Nov. 19, a business in the 500 block of North Tower Avenue reported someone had ordered food and left without paying for it. The case is under investigation.
• A bag of tools was reported stolen from the 100 block of South Tower Avenue at 6:55 a.m. on Nov. 20. The case is under investigation.
• A 33-year-old Centralia man was referred to Centralia Municipal Court on fourth-degree assault, domestic violence charges following an altercation reported in the 300 block of South Gold Street just after 10:20 p.m. on Nov. 18. The suspect fled the scene in a vehicle and officers were unable to locate him.
• A 38-year-old Curtis man was arrested in the 600 block of North Tower Avenue just before 8:35 a.m. on Nov. 19 and was booked into the Lewis County Jail for third-degree assault, harassment, DUI and second-degree driving with a suspended license. He allegedly threatened to kill an acquaintance while displaying a baseball bat and then attempted to drive away from the scene, while under the influence of alcohol, when officers arrived. He allegedly bit one officer and pinched a second officer during his arrest.
• A 46-year-old Winlock man was arrested and booked into the Lewis County Jail for third-degree assault, criminal trespass, obstructing a law enforcement officer and resisting arrest after he allegedly caused a disturbance at a business in the 1000 block of Belmont Avenue just after 4:30 p.m. on Nov. 19. He reportedly walked away from officers when he was told he was under arrest and then allegedly spit on an officer.
• The Flock Security camera system alerted officers to a stolen vehicle in the 400 block of South Tower Avenue at 12:40 p.m. on Nov. 18. An officer located the vehicle and attempted to block it in after it pulled into a business’ parking lot, but the vehicle fled, “coming within inches of hitting the police vehicle,” and drove the wrong way on south Tower Avenue. Officers did not pursue in compliance with state pursuit laws, according to the Centralia Police Department.
• Damage to a television reported in the 300 block of Borst Avenue reported at approximately 9:25 p.m. on Nov. 18 is under investigation.
• A 38-year-old Centralia man was cited for trespassing in the 900 block of South Scheuber Road just before 6:20 p.m. on Nov. 19.
LEWIS COUNTY JAIL STATISTICS
As of Monday morning, the Lewis County Jail had a total system population of 151 inmates, including 138 in the general population and 13 in the Work Ethic and Restitution Center (WERC). Of general population inmates, 112 were reported male and 26 were reported female. Of the WERC inmates, 12 were reported male and one was reported female.
Sirens are compiled by reporter Emily Fitzgerald, who can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Centralia Police Department can be reached at 360-330-7680, the Chehalis Police Department can be reached at 360-748-8605 and the Morton Police Department can be reached at 360-496-6636. If you were a victim of physical or sexual abuse, domestic violence or sexual assault, call Hope Alliance at 360-748-6601 or the Youth Advocacy Center of Lewis County at 360-623-1990.