CENTRALIA POLICE DEPARTMENT
• Minor injuries were reported after a vehicle and a cyclist collided at the intersection of Floral and South Gold streets at approximately 9:45 a.m. on April 23.
• A non-injury, two-vehicle collision at the intersection of West Second and E streets was reported just after 4:20 p.m. on April 25.
• A Vancouver man was issued a criminal citation for indecent exposure and fourth-degree assault with sexual motivation for allegedly exposing himself and touching a victim inappropriately in the 1300 block of Belmont Avenue just before 11:30 a.m. on April 25.
• Stereo equipment was reported stolen from a vehicle in the 1000 block of Eckerson Road just after 8:45 a.m. on April 24.
• A third-degree theft was reported at a business in the 500 block of South Tower Avenue just after 12:05 p.m. on April 25.
• Unauthorized garbage was reportedly dumped in a business’ garbage can in the 100 block of West High Street just after 3 p.m. on April 25.
• Blade C. Cope, 24, of Centralia, was arrested just before 7:45 p.m. on April 25 in the 300 block of North Tower Avenue and was booked into the Lewis County Jail for alleged first-degree assault.
• A Centralia man was cited for third-degree malicious mischief just before 3:55 a.m. on April 26 after he reportedly damaged property in the 900 block of East Locust Street.
CHEHALIS POLICE DEPARTMENT
• A Spokane man was arrested at the intersection of Southwest Third Street and Southwest Chehalis Avenue at approximately 11 a.m. on April 23 and was booked into the Lewis County Jail after he allegedly broke into a car and attempted to fight the vehicle’s owner.
• Aaron M. Boatsman, 33, of Longview, was arrested in the 1600 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue at approximately 11 a.m. on April 23 and was booked into the Lewis County Jail for alleged third-degree theft and possession of a dangerous weapon. He was also booked on an outstanding arrest warrant.
• An alternator was reported stolen from a vehicle in the 300 block of Southwest James Street at approximately 2:25 p.m. on April 24.
• A subject was cited for an attempted third-degree theft reported just before 12:30 p.m. on April 25 in the 1600 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue.
• A second-degree theft reported at approximately 1:50 p.m. on April 25 in the 1500 block of Northwest State Avenue is under investigation.
• Just after 5:50 p.m. on April 23, a caller reported that a 10-year-old had been bitten by a dog at the intersection of Southwest Cascade Avenue and Southwest Ninth Street.
• A Chehalis man was arrested just after 11:25 p.m. on April 24 in the 1000 block of Southwest 20th Street and was booked into the Lewis County Jail for alleged fourth-degree assault, domestic violence.
• A Chehalis man was arrested at approximately 8:35 p.m. on April 24 in the 400 block of Northeast Adams Avenue and was booked into the Lewis County Jail for alleged fourth-degree assault.
• A man reported that someone was hitting him in the 600 block of Northwest Center Street just before 8:10 a.m. on April 25. No arrests were made.
• A third-degree malicious mischief reported just before 1:35 p.m. on April 24 in the 1400 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue is under investigation.
• A third-degree malicious mischief reported just after 1:05 p.m. on April 25 in the 200 block of Southwest 13th Street is under investigation.
• Just after 11:25 p.m. on April 25, a caller reported that someone had let the air out of the tires of a vehicle in the 1500 block of North National Avenue.
• Just before 2:55 p.m. on April 23, a caller requested that a disorderly man reportedly “refusing to leave, yelling at customers and rubbing himself” at a business in the 100 block of Southwest Interstate Avenue be trespassed. The man also reportedly walked into traffic, attempted to climb onto a vehicle and climbed a yield sign. No arrests were made.
• Justin L. Gibson, 29, of Centralia, was arrested in the 700 block of Northwest Arkansas Way just after 4:07 p.m. on April 24 and was booked into the Lewis County Jail after he allegedly “opened a bag of chips inside the store and threw them around,” then went to the nearby bus stop and was reportedly “causing a scene” and “yelling.”
• Just after 3:30 p.m. on April 25, a caller requested a man who was “refusing to leave the inside of the store … (and) was walking around the store eating food, sleeping by (the) back bathrooms” be trespassed from the business in the 1600 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue. No arrests were made.
• A subject was cited for indecent exposure in the 500 block of Southeast Washington Avenue just after 9:35 p.m. on April 24 after a person reported that they were sexually harassed.
LEWIS COUNTY JAIL STATISTICS
As of Monday morning, the Lewis County Jail had a total system population of 144 inmates, including 130 in the general population and 14 in the Work Ethic and Restitution Center. Of general population inmates, 103 were reported male and 27 were reported female. All WERC inmates were reported male.
Sirens are compiled by reporter Emily Fitzgerald, who can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Centralia Police Department can be reached at 360-330-7680 and the Chehalis Police Department can be reached at 360-748-8605. If you were a victim of physical or sexual abuse, domestic violence or sexual assault, call Hope Alliance at 360-748-6601 or the Youth Advocacy Center of Lewis County at 360-623-1990.