W.F. West is still searching for its first win of the season after taking a 4-2 loss toTumwater in 2A Evergreen Conference play Friday at home.
- No. 1: Abby Bond (T) def. Claire Kuykendall (WF) 6-3, 6-0.
- No. 2: Kaylynne Dowling (WF) was behind 4-5 in the first set against Abby Jasper (T) when Dowling started experiencing symptoms of heat exhaustion. The match ended early in the second set which resulted in a loss.
- No. 3: Kendall Gjurasic (T) def. Caydence Edminster (WF)
“I just thought (Kuykendall) played a better match than last time,” W.F. West coach Jack State said. “She was more patient. Not patient enough but more patient. She’s just gotta be able to stay in the point.”
- No. 1: Tiana Jefferies and Stephanie Drummond (WF) def. Jayden Schmidt and Libby Boyd 6-4, 6-3
- No. 2: Mari Ceesay and Hannah Feaster (WF) def. MacKenzie Decker and Luca Angove (T) 6-4, 6-3
- No. 3: Olivia Kee and Zoe Giuntoli (T) def. Grace Sells and Julia Capon (WF) 6-1, 7-5
“I was really happy with our first doubles team,” State said. “They started to play at the level they’re capable of playing at. They started to be aggressive. They’ve been playing timid, but today they were aggressive but in control.”
W.F. West (0-4-1) gets back on the court Monday when it hosts Aberdeen at 3:30 p.m.
Centralia Sweeps Aberdeen
Centralia made a clean sweep against Aberdeen Friday, sweeping the Bobcats in singles and doubles, to come away with a 6-0 victory.
- No. 1: Liza Hopkins d. Victoria Judkins (6-0, 6-0)
- No. 2: Olivia Wiley d. Kiley Ehly (6-2, 6-0)
- No. 3: Norah Sass d. Lizbeth Cisneros (7-5, 6-1)
- No. 1: Maddie Corwin/Maya O'Dell d. Madelynn Machowek/Kylie Eveiberg (6-0, 6-0)
- No. 2: Olivia Norris/Evie Rooklidge d. Annie Troeh/Kallie Knutson (6-4, 6-2)
- No. 3: Sophia Wiley/Emily Wilkerson d. Zoe Troeh/Lilly Allen (6-0, 7-5)
Centralia gets back on the court at 3:30 p.m. Wednesday when it hosts Tumwater.