Centralia Police Department
• At 9 a.m. on Friday, a vehicle prowl was reported in the 1100 block of West Chestnut Street. A stereo was stolen.
• At 1:35 p.m. on Friday, a shoplifter was reported at a store in the 500 block of South Tower Avenue.
• At 3:30 p.m. on Friday, food was reported stolen in the 900 block of South Scheuber Road
• At 3:55 p.m. on Friday, graffiti was reported on a building in the 300 block of South Tower Avenue.
• At 1:08 p.m. on Saturday, graffiti was reported on a building in the 1100 block of Centralia Avenue.
Suspects Arrested on Assault Charges
• At 2:11 a.m. on Saturday, police responded to the 3000 block of Borst Avenue and arrested Zackery K. Mitchell, 32, of Centralia, on suspicion of fourth-degree assault, domestic violence and third-degree malicious mischief, domestic violence.
• At 10:54 p.m. on Saturday, police responded to the 1000 block of Eckerson Road in Centralia and arrested Christina R. Nikirk, 41, of Centralia on suspicion of fourth-degree assault, domestic violence.
• At 11:10 p.m. on Friday, police responded to the 3300 block of Russell Road and arrested Jose Pineda, 20, of Centralia on suspicion of driving under the influence.
Tenino Woman Arrested on Suspicion of No-Contact Order Violation
• At 5:19 a.m. on Saturday, police responded to the 1300 block of North Pearl Street and arrested Brenna M. Layton, 26, of Tenino, on suspicion of violation a domestic-violence no contact order.
• At 8:54 p.m. on Saturday, a 2001 Kasea motorcycle was reported stolen from a garage in the 800 block of Marion Street.
• At 12:20 p.m. on Sunday, a burglary was reported in the 600 block of Jefferson Street. The incident reportedly occurred a few days earlier.
Chehalis Police Department
Tacoma Woman Faces Charge in $799 Theft
• At 1:10 p.m. on Friday, police received a report of a theft of merchandise totaling $799 in the 1700 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue. A 31-year-old Tacoma woman is being referred to prosecutors on suspicion of second-degree theft.
Oregon Driver Arrested for DUI With Children in Car
• At 3:26 p.m. on Friday, police police responded to a report of a vehicle collision at the intersection of Median Street and Kresky Avenue. A person reported another driver pulled out in front of them. Johnny L. Peterson, 33, of Hermiston, Oregon, was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence and two counts of reckless endangerment. He reported had two young children in the car.
Olympia Suspect Reportedly Caught With Stolen Car
• At 1:20 a.m. on Saturday, police responded to the 1600 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue and arrested Curtis M. Sword, 41, of Olympia, on suspicion of being in possession of a stolen vehicle. The vehicle was reported stolen in Olympia.
Assault Suspect Arrested
• At 7:28 p.m. on Sunday, police responded to the 1300 block of Northwest Airport Road and arrested Kevin A. Shearon, 27, of Chehalis, on suspicion of fourth-degree assault, domestic violence and third-degree malicious mischief.
Lewis County Jail Statistics
As of Monday morning, the Lewis County Jail had a total system population of 221 inmates, including 193 in general population and 28 in the Work Ethic and Restitution Center. Of general population inmates, 157 were male and 36 female and of WERC inmates, 26 were male and two female.