Staff Report / Columbia Basin Herald
OLYMPIA — Fishing limits, regulations and more are just a phone signal away.
In 2021, the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife rolled out its FishWA for Apple and Android devices. The free mobile app is designed to convey up-to-the-minute fishing regulations for every lake, river, stream and marine area in the state, according to WDFW's website.
The app includes
- Interactive mapping to help anglers find fishing near them.
- Details on harvest limits and allowable gear for fishable species in each body of water.
- Access to the Fish Washington website and instructional videos designed to convey when, where and how to fish in Washington.
- Locations of boat launches and other fishing access points.
- Ability to add waypoints on maps, and report poaching in progress.
- Downloadable updates and offline capacity designed for those who may not have cell service in remote areas or on the water.
The app can be downloaded for free from Google Play and Apple's App Store.