CENTRALIA POLICE DEPARTMENT
Trespassed From Property
• A Chehalis man was cited for first-degree criminal trespassing just after 6:25 p.m. on Jan. 9.
• A man was trespassed for one year from a business in the 100 block of South Silver Street just after 6:05 p.m. on Jan. 10.
• A Centralia man was arrested in the 200 block of West Oakview Avenue just after 8:50 p.m. on Jan. 9 and was booked into the Lewis County Jail for fourth-degree assault and interfering with domestic violence reporting after he allegedly assaulted a family member and took their phone.
• Two juvenile girls were referred to Lewis County Juvenile Court on fourth-degree assault charges after they allegedly pushed another girl to the ground before hitting and kicking her.
• Graffiti was reported on a building in the 1000 block of K Street at 7:50 a.m. on Jan. 10.
• Graffiti was reported on a building in the 1000 block of J Street at 8:05 a.m. on Jan. 10.
• Graffiti was reported on a building in the 1000 block of J Street just before 9:50 a.m. on Jan. 10.
• Just after 4:05 p.m. on Jan. 10, damage to a parked vehicle that occurred in the 700 block of South Rock Street the night prior was reported.
• A hit-and-run was reported in the 700 block of West Main Street just after 12:10 p.m. on Jan. 10.
• Alcohol was reported stolen from a store in the 500 block of South Tower Avenue just after 2:40 p.m. on Jan. 10.
• A green 2000 Honda Civic with the Washington license plate BFM3631 was reported stolen from the 500 block of Woodland Avenue at approximately 4:45 a.m. on Jan. 11.
• A burglary to a building in the 1000 block of F Street that was reported at 4:20 p.m. on Jan. 10 is under investigation.
• A dog owner was issued a dog-at-large infraction just before 5:25 p.m. on Jan. 10 after her dog allegedly attacked livestock at a neighbor’s property in the 1100 block of L Street. The dog was placed in a 10-day quarantine.
CHEHALIS POLICE DEPARTMENT
• A case of possible stalking was reported in the 10 block of Southwest Chehalis Avenue at 7:30 a.m. on Jan. 6.
• Just before 2:55 p.m. on Jan. 6, a caller reported being harassed by a subject in the 200 block of Southwest Lewis Street about “stealing a cat.” Soon after, a second caller reported she is missing a cat and claimed the first caller “lures cats with bags of cat food (and) drives around with cages inside her van taking cats.” Information related to these reports is under investigation.
• At approximately 8 a.m. on Jan. 8, a caller in the 800 block of Southwest Chehalis Avenue reported “a male subject keeps stopping by and harassing his daughter.”
• At 11:05 a.m. on Jan. 8, a caller in the 200 block of Southwest Interstate Avenue reported a male subject tore wiper blades off of her husband’s van and “caused a big scene” at about 8:30 a.m. that morning.
• A subject was arrested in the 100 block of Southwest Interstate Avenue at 10:35 p.m. on Jan. 8 and was booked into the Lewis County Jail following a report of telephonic harassment. The case is under investigation.
• A case of harassment at Chehalis Middle School was reported at 9:50 a.m. on Jan. 10.
• A subject who reportedly hit a man in the face with a wrench on a bus in the 300 block of Northwest North Street just before 8:15 a.m. on Jan. 6 was cited for fourth-degree assault.
• Six to eight juveniles were reportedly “yelling and swearing” in the 200 block of Southwest 13th Street just after 4:20 p.m. on Jan. 6.
• Three juveniles were reportedly “blowing air horns” in the 1100 block of Southwest Cascade Avenue at approximately 10:20 a.m. on Jan. 7.
• At 7:30 p.m. on Jan. 7, a caller reported there were “some kids on top of the train” in the 400 block of Northwest Quincy Place.
• A juvenile reportedly attempted to assault an employee in the 1200 block of Southwest Pacific Avenue just after 2:10 p.m. on Jan. 9. Charges were not pursued.
• A possible missing persons case was reported at approximately 10:10 a.m. on Jan. 7. The reporting party told law enforcement their daughter was supposed to board a bus to Yakima in the 500 block of Southeast Washington Avenue over 48 hours prior, but doesn’t know if she got onto the bus. A missing person’s report has also been filed with the Yakima Police Department.
• A non-injury, two-vehicle collision involving a parked car was reported in the 1700 block of North National Avenue just after 3:25 p.m. on Jan. 7.
• A non-injury, two-vehicle accident was reported in the 300 block of Southeast Canyon Drive at 1 p.m. on Jan. 8.
• A juvenile reportedly hit a post in the 100 block of South Market Boulevard just before 4:20 p.m. on Jan. 8.
• A non-injury, two-vehicle accident involving a passenger car and a box truck was reported in the 600 block of Northwest Chamber of Commerce Way at approximately 10:45 a.m. on Jan. 9.
• A non-injury, two-vehicle accident was reported in the 1600 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue at 4:20 p.m. on Jan. 9. One subject was reportedly “trying to get the other driver to pay him off.”
• A hit-and-run was reported in the 1600 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue at 3:40 p.m. on Jan. 9.
• At 12:20 p.m. on Jan. 10, a hit-and-run that occurred in the 1700 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue the day prior was reported.
• A catalytic converter theft that occurred in the 1600 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue between 6 p.m. and 7 p.m. on Jan. 7 was reported at 9:05 a.m. on Jan. 8.
• At 3:55 p.m. on Jan. 9, a catalytic converter and batteries were reported stolen from a vehicle in the 2000 block of Southwest Salsbury Avenue sometime over the weekend.
• Just after 10:25 a.m. on Jan. 10, a caller in the 500 block of Southwest 16th Street reported mail was stolen two weeks prior.
• Two subjects were cited for shoplifting in the 1700 block of North National Avenue just after 2:20 p.m. on Jan. 10.
• A debit card was reported stolen from the 1600 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue at 4:25 p.m. on Jan. 10. At the time of the report, the card had fraudulent charges on it that had been made in Chehalis and Tumwater.
• Just after 5:35 p.m. on Jan. 10, a caller reported a male subject was putting candies on a drive-thru window in the 10 block of Northeast Median Street. The caller was concerned the candies could be rainbow fentanyl. Law enforcement responded and confirmed the candies were empty Sweet Tart wrappers.
LEWIS COUNTY JAIL STATISTICS
As of Wednesday morning, the Lewis County Jail had a total system population of 155 inmates, including 142 in the general population and 13 in the Work Ethic and Restitution Center (WERC). Of general population inmates, 113 were reported male and 29 were reported female. Of the WERC inmates, 11 were reported male and two were reported female.
Sirens are compiled by reporter Emily Fitzgerald, who can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Centralia Police Department can be reached at 360-330-7680, the Chehalis Police Department can be reached at 360-748-8605 and the Morton Police Department can be reached at 360-496-6636. If you were a victim of physical or sexual abuse, domestic violence or sexual assault, call Hope Alliance at 360-748-6601 or the Youth Advocacy Center of Lewis County at 360-623-1990.