CENTRALIA POLICE DEPARTMENT
• A driver sustained minor injuries following a single-vehicle collision that was reported in the 1200 block of North Tower Avenue at approximately 8:55 p.m. on Sept. 20.
• A minor collision between a school bus and a passenger vehicle was reported at the intersection of North Washington Avenue and West Center Street just after 3:30 p.m. on Sept. 22. No injuries were reported.
• A non-injury, two-vehicle collision was reported in the 200 block of South Pearl Street just before 4:55 p.m. on Sept. 22.
• Elijah O. Homer, 22, of Centralia, was arrested following a traffic stop in the 1300 block of View Avenue at approximately 2:35 a.m. on Sept. 21 and was booked into the Lewis County Jail on suspicion of driving under the influence.
• A hit-and-run involving two vehicles was reported in the 1100 block of Scammon Creek Road at 1:05 p.m. on Sept. 22.
• Fraudulent charges were reported on a bank card in the 700 block of West Chestnut Street at approximately 3:50 p.m. on Sept. 21.
• Just after 11:35 a.m. on Sept. 22, a caller in the 110 block of West Maple Street reported an online purchase made with a stolen credit card. The case is under investigation.
• Money, sunglasses and a sleep apnea machine were reported stolen from a vehicle in the 800 block of South Tower Avenue at 8:25 a.m. on Sept. 21.
• Personal documents were reported stolen from the 1400 block of Harrison Avenue just after 1:15 p.m. on Sept. 21.
• A subject was arrested in the 1400 block of Johnson Road on Sept. 20 after officers “determined through investigation” that “damage to property and an assault had occurred.”
• Two subjects were cited for assault following a physical dispute in the 100 block of South Silver Street just before 5:15 p.m. on Sept. 22.
CHEHALIS POLICE DEPARTMENT
• A custodial assault that occurred at Green Hill School on Aug. 27 was reported at 10:40 a.m. on Sept. 21.
• A fourth-degree assault reported in the 300 block of Southwest Third Street just before 11:45 p.m. on Sept. 21 is under investigation.
• A student reportedly punched another student during a counseling session at Chehalis Middle School just after 9:30 a.m. on Sept. 22. No arrests were made.
• A man reportedly shoved a woman and was chasing her in the 600 block of Northwest Arkansas Way just before midnight on Sept. 22. No arrests were made.
• A juvenile who was reportedly “armed with a knife” and “destroying a house” in the 100 block of Southwest William Avenue was arrested just before 1:50 p.m. on Sept. 21 and was booked into the Lewis County Juvenile Detention Center for third-degree malicious mischief.
• A non-injury vehicle accident reported in the 500 block of North Market Boulevard just before 4:10 p.m. on Sept. 21 is under investigation.
• A non-injury, two-vehicle accident involving a passenger vehicle and a truck with a trailer was reported in a roundabout at the intersection of Northwest Arkansas Way and Northwest Louisiana Avenue just after 12:25 p.m. on Sept. 22.
• A non-injury, two-vehicle collision was reported in a private parking lot in the 1600 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue just after 12:30 p.m. on Sept. 22. The caller advised he was in a work vehicle and told the responding officer “the driver of the vehicle that struck his vehicle was elderly and should not be driving on the road.” The officer checked with the driver of the other vehicle and determined there were no signs of impairment “that would warrant preventing him from driving.” The initial caller “was adamant” that the other driver “shouldn’t be driving and was a danger to others on the street,” according to police call logs. The caller reportedly said “he knows our city manager, the Chamber of Commerce manager and a commander from Centralia as they sit on his board.” The officer informed the caller the Chehalis Police Department “doesn't handle private property collisions.”
• A second-degree theft reported in the 1700 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue just after 6:20 p.m. on Sept. 21 is under investigation.
• A vehicle was reported stolen from the 1500 block of Southwest Snively Avenue just after 10:55 p.m. on Sept. 22. The unidentified suspect reportedly “took it right out of the driveway.”
• Just after 6:35 p.m. on Sept. 21, a caller in the 1200 block of Bishop Road reported three boys threatened to kill the caller’s daughter on the school bus earlier that day.
• Just after 10:45 p.m. on Sept. 21, a caller reported a group of unidentified subjects stole a stop sign in the 300 block of Southeast Washington Avenue and were walking up the hill with it. The caller advised this was an ongoing issue.
• Two males were reportedly “sword fighting in the street” at the intersection of Northeast Cascade Avenue and Northeast Hillside Drive just after 5:25 p.m. on Sept. 22. The responding officer didn’t find anyone in the area.
Swimming in the Fountain
• A juvenile was reportedly in the fountain in the 400 block of North Market Boulevard at approximately 7:05 p.m. on Sept. 22, with a second juvenile reportedly taking their clothes off to get into the fountain. An officer advised them not to swim in the fountain.
• A man who was reportedly “verbally aggressive with a staff member” at a business in the 1100 block of South Market Boulevard was trespassed from the business just after 2:45 p.m. on Sept. 22.
• A case of ongoing harassment was reported in the 1000 block of Southwest 20th Street just after 8:55 p.m. on Sept. 22.
LEWIS COUNTY JAIL STATISTICS
As of Friday morning, the Lewis County Jail had a total system population of 173 inmates, including 160 in the general population and 13 in the Work Ethic and Restitution Center (WERC). Of general population inmates, 140 were reported male and 20 were reported female. Of the WERC inmates, 12 were reported male and one was reported female.
Sirens are compiled by reporter Emily Fitzgerald, who can be reached at email@example.com. The Centralia Police Department can be reached at 360-330-7680, the Chehalis Police Department can be reached at 360-748-8605 and the Morton Police Department can be reached at 360-496-6636. If you were a victim of physical or sexual abuse, domestic violence or sexual assault, call Hope Alliance at 360-748-6601 or the Youth Advocacy Center of Lewis County at 360-623-1990.