MORTON POLICE DEPARTMENT
• An officer was dispatched to the area of Adams Avenue and Seventh Street just before 1:45 a.m. on June 6 regarding a suspicious person. The officer spoke with a male subject who was looking for “night crawlers.” An informational report was taken.
• Just before 4:20 p.m. on June 7, an officer received a complaint about junk vehicles and rubbish at a residence in the 400 block of Kosmos Lane. The officer notified the resident, who agreed to clean up the area.
• An officer was dispatched to the 100 block of Adams Avenue just before 8:15 p.m. on June 8 regarding a dispute. An informational report was taken.
• A motor vehicle accident was reported at the corner of Second Street and U.S. Highway 12 at 10:55 a.m. on June 9. An officer remained on scene until Washington State Patrol took over the scene.
• An officer was dispatched to the area of First Street and Division Avenue just after 11 p.m. on June 10 regarding a traffic complaint of vehicles racing in the area. The officer was unable to locate the vehicles when he arrived.
• An officer was dispatched to Klickitat Park just after 4:45 p.m. on June 7 regarding a male subject needing help. The officer was unable to locate anyone in the area.
• An officer received a complaint of an abandoned vehicle at Doss Cemetery at 9:05 a.m. on June 8. The car was removed before the officer responded.
• An officer was dispatched to the 400 block of Williams Street just after 7:45 a.m. on June 11 regarding a burglary alarm. The alarm was determined to be false.
• An officer was dispatched to a civil complaint at the Mossyrock City Center just after 10 p.m. on June 11. An informational report was taken.
CENTRALIA POLICE DEPARTMENT
• Car stereo speakers, debit cards and some cash were reported stolen from a vehicle parked in a parking lot in the 3000 block of Borst Avenue just before 9:05 p.m. on June 13.
• Personal property was reported stolen out of a vehicle in the 800 block of Harrison Avenue at 2:35 a.m. on June 14.
• A package was reported stolen from the front porch of a residence in the 800 block of North Tower Avenue at 1:10 p.m. on June 13.
• Two teenage boys were cited for shoplifting from a business in the 1100 block of Harrison Avenue at 5:20 p.m. on June 13.
• Graffiti was reported on a “large garbage receptacle” in the 700 block of West Pear Street just after 4:45 p.m. on June 13.
• Graffiti was reported on a business in the 1100 block of Johnson Road just after 4:10 p.m. on June 14.
• Graffiti was reported on electrical boxes near a business in the 1200 block of Borthwick Street at approximately 5:35 p.m. on June 14.
Tampering With Fire Alarm
• An Idaho man was cited for tampering with a fire alarm in the 300 block of North Tower Avenue just before noon on June 14 after he intentionally pulled a fire alarm and caused the building to be evacuated, according to police. No fire was found. The man reportedly indicated “he did not feel safe from people.”
• A man was trespassed from two stores in the 1100 block of Harrison Avenue just after 1:25 p.m. on June 14 for reportedly being disorderly and yelling at customers. He was later trespassed from a shelter in the 100 block of North Gold Street for disorderly behavior.
Unlawful Possession of a Firearm
• A Rochester man was referred to the Lewis County Prosecutor’s Office for possible unlawful possession of a firearm and possession of drug paraphernalia charges just before 5:35 p.m. on June 14 after police executed a search warrant on a vehicle in the 1100 block of West First Street that the man was inside.
CHEHALIS POLICE DEPARTMENT
• A case of child molestation reported in the 700 block of Northwest St. Helens Avenue at approximately 9:30 a.m. on June 13 is under investigation.
• A hit-and-run was reported in the 1600 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue just before 3:50 p.m. on June 13.
• An attempted vehicle theft was reported in the 1900 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue just after 8:55 a.m. on June 13.
• A green 2006 Ford pickup with a wooden flatbed was reported stolen from the 200 block of South Market Boulevard at 11:40 a.m. on June 13.
• Just before 7:15 a.m. on June 14, a 2001 Ford F420 flatbed pickup was reported stolen from the 100 block of Northwest Quincy Place sometime overnight.
• A case of harassment reported at the intersection of Northwest Lafayette Street and Northwest State Avenue just after 9:50 a.m. on June 14 is under investigation.
• A first-degree assault reported in the 300 block of Southwest 11th Street at approximately 11 a.m. on June 14 is under investigation.
• A non-injury, two-vehicle accident was reported in the 300 block of Southwest 16th Street just after 2:45 p.m. on June 14.
LEWIS COUNTY JAIL STATISTICS
As of Wednesday morning, the Lewis County Jail had a total system population of 128 inmates, including 111 in the general population and 17 in the Work Ethic and Restitution Center (WERC). Of general population inmates, 92 were reported male and 19 were reported female. Of the WERC inmates, 15 were reported male and two were reported female.
Sirens are compiled by reporter Emily Fitzgerald, who can be reached at email@example.com. The Centralia Police Department can be reached at 360-330-7680, the Chehalis Police Department can be reached at 360-748-8605 and the Morton Police Department can be reached at 360-496-6636. If you were a victim of physical or sexual abuse, domestic violence or sexual assault, call Hope Alliance at 360-748-6601 or the Youth Advocacy Center of Lewis County at 360-623-1990.