CENTRALIA POLICE DEPARTMENT
• Sunglasses, a starter motor, coveralls and tools were reported stolen from a vehicle in the 400 block of Courtland Street just after 7:40 a.m. on May 16.
• License plates were reported stolen off of a rental car in the 500 block of East Summa Street at 11:10 a.m. on May 16.
• Clothing was reported stolen from a business in the 1400 block of Lum Road at 5 p.m. on May 17.
• A purse was reported stolen from the 1000 block of Belmont Avenue just after 5:50 a.m. on May 18. The case is under investigation.
• In the 600 block of South Diamond Street at 9:44 a.m. on May 18, a hose box was reported stolen. No suspect information was available Friday.
• An Olympia woman was arrested for taking items from a store without paying for them in the 1100 block of Harrison Avenue at 5:35 on May 18.
• Investigation is underway into a forgery reported at a local business in the 100 block of North Rock Street at 2:26 p.m. on May 18.
• An attempted burglary of a vacant building was reported in the 300 block of West Main Street just before 12:05 a.m. on May 17 after a witness reported seeing a man trying to open one of the windows. The man did not gain entry into the building and left the scene before officers arrived.
• A Centralia woman who was reportedly living in her car in the parking lot of a school in the 800 block of Field Avenue was trespassed just after 8 a.m. on May 16.
• Officers responded to a report of a disorderly man at a shelter in the 100 block of North Gold Street at 8:05 p.m. on May 16.
• Officers responded to a report of homeless people trespassing on private property in the 600 block of North Tower Avenue just after 9:55 p.m. on May 16.
• A Centralia woman was arrested in the 1300 block of Harrison Avenue just after 1 p.m. on May 16 and was booked into the Lewis County Jail for fourth-degree assault.
• Gaetan E. Paduano, 54 of Kirkland, was arrested at the intersection of North Railroad Avenue and East Maple Street at approximately 5:40 a.m. on May 17 after callers reported a man slumped behind the wheel.
• Officers were called to check on a homeless man from Oklahoma who was passed out “from the effects of fentanyl” on the hot sidewalk outside of a motel in the 1200 block of Alder Street at approximately 11:15 a.m. on May 17.
• A hit-and-run reported in the 500 block of Harrison Avenue at 6:35 p.m. on May 17 is under investigation.
Organized Retail Theft
• Two subjects, identified as Tomas D.R. Louie, 34, of Auburn, and Regina D. Elkins, 30, of Tacoma, were arrested in the 1400 block of Lum Road at 6:55 p.m. on May 17 and were booked into the Lewis County Jail for organized retail theft and possession of a stolen firearm. They were charged in Lewis County Superior Court on Thursday, May 18. Louie’s bail has been set at $100,000 and Elkins’ bail has been set at $25,000. Arraignment hearings are scheduled for Thursday, May 25.
• Just after 7:15 p.m. on May 17, a victim in the 2000 block of Borst Avenue reported being scammed out of money “by an individual claiming to be from Amazon.” The case is under investigation.
• A Bremerton man was arrested in the 100 block of Lilac Lane just after 2:25 a.m. on May 18 and was booked into the Lewis County Jail for third-degree malicious mischief, domestic violence.
CHEHALIS POLICE DEPARTMENT
• Tony Gust, 43, of Liberty Lake, was arrested in the 500 block of Southeast Adams Avenue just after 12:45 p.m. on May 17 and was booked into the Lewis County Jail for after he allegedly “broke down a door” and assaulted a nurse. He was charged with third-degree assault and third-degree malicious mischief in Lewis County Superior Court on Thursday, May 18. Bail was set at $10,000. Gust has denied all charges. An arraignment hearing is scheduled for Thursday, May 25.
Dog in Hot Car
• A caller reported a dog was left alone in a hot car in the 1400 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue at 5:05 p.m. on May 17. The dog’s owner arrived about 10 minutes later and left the scene with the dog.
• A dog was reportedly left in a vehicle in the 1600 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue at 2:49 p.m. on May 18. No arrests were made.
• A case of third-degree theft reported in the 1300 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue just after 5:20 p.m. on May 17 is under investigation.
• A caller reported there was a shirtless man who “looked like Kid Rock” who was “screaming at” a lady by a car wash in the 600 block of Northwest Arkansas Way around 9 a.m. on May 18.
• Personnel from a business in the 1600 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue reported a customer had thrown a phone at their coworker and left in a silver Toyota at 10:20 a.m. on May 18. The person was trespassed from the business.
• In an alley in the 500 block of North Market Boulevard at 4:23 p.m. on May 18, a caller reported a male had been walking around yelling at no one and getting into trash cans. No arrests were made.
Possible Child Abuse or Neglect
• Just after 8:50 p.m. on May 18, a caller reported his children had been exposed to a man “waving his (penis) around” in the 100 block of Southwest 11th Street. A second caller also alleged child abuse occurred in the same residence. Further information or an arrest report on the case were still pending on Friday morning.
• In the 500 block of Southwest Chehalis Avenue at 10:13 p.m. on May 18, a caller told police her grandmother “grabbed her arm” and “took her phone” to prevent the caller from contacting her father in Alabama.
• The owner of a motorhome parked in a parking lot of a business in the 100 block of Northeast Hampe Way was trespassed for life at 10:56 a.m. on May 18 for “camping out.”
• Personnel from a business in the 1700 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue asked the police to respond to a motorhome that was trespassing on the back side of the property at 3:55 p.m. on May 18 after being towed in by a truck that reportedly left the scene. The caller asked that Chehalis police trespass the owner from the business for life. The vehicle’s occupants were given until 7:30 to 8 p.m. that night to move the vehicle.
• An injury vehicle accident that was reported at the intersection of Southwest Interstate Avenue and Southwest Parkland Drive just after 6:40 a.m. on May 18 is under investigation. The Chehalis Police Department did not disclose any additional information about the incident.
• A customer to a business in the 1600 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue reported someone had hit her vehicle at 2:49 p.m. on May 18. The case was pending as the caller sought to gain video from the manager of the business.
• Just before 4:05 p.m. on May 18, a caller reported an approximately 40-year-old male tried to run them over and “yelled ‘I’m going to hit you’ as he sped off” in the 100 block of North Market Boulevard earlier that day.
LEWIS COUNTY JAIL STATISTICS
As of Friday morning, the Lewis County Jail had a total system population of 157 inmates, including 142 in the general population and 15 in the Work Ethic and Restitution Center (WERC). Of general population inmates, 112 were reported male and 30 were reported female. Of the WERC inmates, 12 were reported male and three were reported female.
Sirens are compiled by reporter Emily Fitzgerald, who can be reached at email@example.com. The Centralia Police Department can be reached at 360-330-7680, the Chehalis Police Department can be reached at 360-748-8605 and the Morton Police Department can be reached at 360-496-6636. If you were a victim of physical or sexual abuse, domestic violence or sexual assault, call Hope Alliance at 360-748-6601 or the Youth Advocacy Center of Lewis County at 360-623-1990.