CENTRALIA POLICE DEPARTMENT
Theft and Burglary
• Items were reported stolen from a shed in the 400 block of South Cedar Street at 3:15 p.m. on July 23.
• A subject was cited for alleged third-degree theft in the 1600 block of Harrison Avenue at approximately 4:10 p.m. on July 24.
• Items were reported stolen from the 1600 block of Harrison Avenue at 4:55 p.m. on July 24.
• A vehicle was reported stolen from the 2800 block of Russell Road at 9:35 p.m. on July 24.
• Property was reported stolen from the 2800 block of Russell Road just before noon on July 25.
• Shoes were reported stolen from the 1300 block of Lum Road just after 6:50 p.m. on July 25.
• A doughnut was reported stolen from the 500 block of South Tower Avenue just before 8:35 p.m. on July 25.
• Fernando E. Mendoza, 36, of Centralia, was arrested at the intersection of Centralia College Boulevard and Yew Street and was booked into the Lewis County Jail for allegedly driving under the influence.
• A hit-and-run was reported in the 200 block of North Tower Avenue just after 6:25 p.m. on July 24.
• A house was reported damaged in the 600 block of South Washington Avenue just before 9:10 p.m. on July 24.
• Vehicles were reported damaged in the 800 block of Johnson Road just after 10 p.m. on July 24.
MORTON POLICE DEPARTMENT
• Just before 2:30 p.m. on July 16, an officer was dispatched to the 200 block of Pleasant View Drive regarding a trespassed individual. The matter was resolved civilly, and the reporting party chose not to pursue criminal action against the suspect.
• Just before 1 a.m. on July 18, an officer was dispatched to a welfare check at the area of Main and Third streets regarding a possibly injured individual. The individual denied medical aid.
• An officer was dispatched to the 700 block of Main Street regarding a suspicious person at approximately 6:45 a.m. on July 20. The individual was advised to leave the area and the officer then cleared and resumed patrol.
• An officer was dispatched to a noise complaint at the 100 block of Seventh Street at approximately 10 p.m. on July 24. An informational report was taken.
• Just after 9:30 p.m. on July 21, an officer was dispatched to the 300 block of Mossyrock Avenue regarding a harassment complaint. The investigation is ongoing.
• Just after 12:40 p.m. on July 22, an officer was dispatched to the 300 block of State Street regarding a traffic complaint of a high-speed vehicle. The officer was unable to locate the vehicle.
• Just before 2:10 p.m. on July 22, an officer was dispatched to the 300 block of Main Street regarding a criminal trespass complaint. The complaint is pending further investigation.
LEWIS COUNTY JAIL STATISTICS
As of Friday morning, the Lewis County Jail had a total system population of 138 inmates, including 120 in the general population and 18 in the Work Ethic and Restitution Center. Of general population inmates, 100 were reported male and 20 were reported female. All WERC inmates were reported male.
Sirens are compiled by reporter Emily Fitzgerald, who can be reached at email@example.com. The Centralia Police Department can be reached at 360-330-7680 and the Chehalis Police Department can be reached at 360-748-8605. If you were a victim of physical or sexual abuse, domestic violence or sexual assault, call Hope Alliance at 360-748-6601 or the Youth Advocacy Center of Lewis County at 360-623-1990.