CENTRALIA POLICE DEPARTMENT
Catalytic Converter Theft
• Just after 10:15 a.m. on June 29, a catalytic converter was reported stolen in the 400 block of South Gold Street sometime overnight.
• A catalytic converter theft was reported in the 700 block of F Street just before 2:35 p.m. on June 30.
• At approximately 6 p.m. on June 29, a car window was reportedly broken out of a vehicle in the 500 block of Harrison Avenue and the victim’s purse was stolen from inside the vehicle. The victim’s credit card was subsequently used at a store in Tumwater. Police are investigating the case and are awaiting video surveillance footage of the suspect using the stolen card at the store.
• A laptop computer was reported stolen off the front seat of an unlocked vehicle in the 1200 block of West First Street just after 8:05 a.m. on June 30.
• Just before 3:45 p.m. on June 30, a victim in the 700 block of Yakima Street reported her bank card was used on the internet to purchase over $700 of unknown merchandise after she tried to purchase an item on Facebook. The Centralia Police Department cautions people to use caution when purchasing items over the internet and advises them to try and validate the site as legitimate and having a secured payment system.
Vehicle Theft and Recovery
• A tan 2004 Toyota Corolla was reported stolen from a business parking lot in the 1200 block of Mellen Street just before 11:25 p.m. on June 30. The owner reportedly went inside the business and came back out a short time later to find his car was missing. The case is still under investigation.
• A vehicle was recovered during an unrelated investigation in the 400 block of West Main Street just after 6:10 a.m. on July 1 and later found out to have been stolen.
•A 15-year-old was referred to Lewis County Juvenile Court for fourth-degree assault, domestic violence, at approximately 9:20 p.m. on June 29 after they allegedly struck a parent in the 1200 block of Alder Street.
• A Centralia woman was arrested in the 1400 block of View Avenue just before 2:50 a.m. on June 30 and was booked into the Lewis County Jail for alleged assault, domestic violence.
• A Centralia woman was arrested at the intersection of South Iron Street and Centralia College Boulevard just after 12:25 p.m. on June 30 and was booked into the Lewis County Jail for fourth-degree assault, domestic violence.
• A Centralia man was arrested in the 1000 block of Grand Avenue at approximately 12:30 a.m. on July 1 and was booked into the Lewis County Jail for fourth-degree assault, domestic violence.
• A motorcycle reportedly hit a passenger car at the intersection of North Pearl Street and East Alaska Way just after 11:35 a.m. on June 30 then fled the scene. Minor damage to the passenger vehicle was reported.
• A pickup truck reportedly hit another vehicle in a parking lot in the 100 block of West High Street just after 2:15 p.m. on June 30 then fled the scene.
CHEHALIS POLICE DEPARTMENT
• A death with an undetermined cause that was reported in the 2100 block of Southwest Woodland Circle at approximately 10:15 a.m. on June 29 is under investigation.
• A case of reckless burning was reported in the 500 block of Southeast Washington Avenue at approximately 4:20 p.m. on June 29 after papers caught fire and set off a fire alarm. No arrests were made.
• A pallet reportedly caught fire in the 800 block of Northwest Ohio Avenue at approximately 5:55 p.m. on June 30. The reporting party stated he believed the fire “was intentionally set.” No arrests were made.
• A subject was cited for attempted shoplifting in the 1600 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue just before 6:10 p.m. on June 29.
• A case of non-specific fraud that was reported in the 300 block of Northwest North Street just after 10:45 a.m. on June 30 is under investigation.
• A catalytic converter theft was reported in the 900 block of South Market Boulevard just after 2 p.m. on June 30.
• Three juveniles reportedly threw beer bottles in an alley at the intersection of Southwest Sixth Street and Southwest Chehalis Avenue and asked someone “if (they) wanted to get shot.” The reporting party reportedly didn’t see a gun. The reporting party attempted to follow the juveniles because “he want(ed) to see where they live” but was advised by law enforcement to stop following. No arrests were made.
• A subject was arrested in the 800 block of Northwest Lake Street just before 2:10 a.m. on July 1 and was booked into the Lewis County Jail for fourth-degree assault, domestic violence.
Man Chopping Bushes
• A man was reportedly “swinging a knife” and “chopping up bushes” in the 700 block of West Main Street just after 9:45 a.m. on June 30.
• A hit-and-run was reported in the 1100 block of South Market Boulevard just after 12:40 p.m. on June 30.
LEWIS COUNTY JAIL STATISTICS
As of Friday morning, the Lewis County Jail had a total system population of 142 inmates, including 127 in the general population and 15 in the Work Ethic and Restitution Center (WERC). Of general population inmates, 101 were reported male and 26 were reported female. Of the WERC inmates, 13 were reported male and two were reported female.
Sirens are compiled by reporter Emily Fitzgerald, who can be reached at email@example.com. The Centralia Police Department can be reached at 360-330-7680, the Chehalis Police Department can be reached at 360-748-8605 and the Morton Police Department can be reached at 360-496-6636. If you were a victim of physical or sexual abuse, domestic violence or sexual assault, call Hope Alliance at 360-748-6601 or the Youth Advocacy Center of Lewis County at 360-623-1990.