CENTRALIA POLICE DEPARTMENT
• Over $250 worth of candy and drinks were reported stolen from a convenience store in the 900 block of Harrison Avenue just after 12:50 p.m. on March 3.
• Three juvenile males reportedly stole a pair of cowboy boots from a retail store in the 1500 block of Lum Road just before 6:10 p.m. on March 4. The boots were “brown with elephants on them,” according to the Centralia Police Department.
• Food was reported stolen from a store in the 1000 block of Harrison Avenue just before 5:10 a.m. on March 5.
• A catalytic converter was reported stolen from a business delivery van in the 1000 block of South Gold Street at 1:30 p.m. on March 5.
• A residential burglary was reported in the 1100 block of F Street at approximately 10:10 a.m. on March 4. An unidentified suspect reportedly stole tools and drawer pull handles.
• A non-injury, two-vehicle collision was reported in the 100 block of South Tower Avenue just after 10:25 p.m. on March 4.
• A hit-and-run reported in the 1200 block of Lum Road at approximately 7:25 p.m. on March 3 is under investigation.
• A hit-and-run was reported in the 100 block of West Pine Street just after 2:45 p.m. on March 4.
• A Chehalis man was arrested at approximately 3:25 p.m. on March 5 and was booked into the Lewis County Jail for throwing a rock through the window of a business in the 300 block of North Gold Street.
CHEHALIS POLICE DEPARTMENT
• A verbal dispute was reported at the intersection of Northwest Chamber of Commerce Way and northbound Interstate 5 just after 7:50 a.m. on March 3.
• Two juveniles were reportedly “trying to fight each other” in the 100 block of Northeast Hampe Way at 8:45 p.m. on March 3.
• Just after 8:05 a.m. on March 3, a vehicle prowl that occurred in the 900 block of Northwest State Avenue sometime overnight was reported.
• A license plate was reported stolen off of a vehicle in the 400 block of Northeast Adams Avenue just before 1:50 p.m. on March 3.
• Just after 3:20 p.m. on March 4, money was reported stolen from a register at a business in the 1600 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue the day prior. The victim reported they had gotten $20 cash-back and walked away, but returned to find the $20 was gone.
• Cigarettes and other items were reported stolen from a business in the 600 block of West Main Street at 5:05 a.m. on March 5.
• Two subjects were arrested in the 1400 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue just before 9:10 a.m. on March 3 and were booked into the Lewis County Jail for trespassing.
• A subject who was reportedly “causing a disturbance” in a parking lot in the 1600 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue was trespassed from the adjoining business just after 5:30 p.m. on March 4.
• Juveniles reportedly egged a house in the 200 block of Southwest Second Street at approximately 9:50 p.m. on March 3.
• A non-injury vehicle accident was reported at the intersection of South Market Boulevard and East Main Street at approximately 4:55 p.m. on March 3.
• A possible neck injury was reported following a two-vehicle accident in the 800 block of West Main Street just before 8:15 p.m. on March 3.
• A non-injury vehicle accident was reported at the intersection of Northwest Louisiana Avenue and Northwest West Street just after 12:15 a.m. on March 4.
• A hit-and-run was reported in the 1300 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue just after 1:05 p.m. on March 4.
• A death reported in the 400 block of North Market Boulevard at 11:35 a.m. on March 4 is under investigation.
• A death reported at the intersection of Northwest Chamber of Commerce Way and North National Avenue at approximately 2:55 a.m. on March 6 is under investigation.
LEWIS COUNTY JAIL STATISTICS
As of Monday morning, the Lewis County Jail had a total system population of 172 inmates, including 159 in the general population and 13 in the Work Ethic and Restitution Center (WERC). Of general population inmates, 123 were reported male and 36 were reported female. Of the WERC inmates, 11 were reported male and two were reported female.
Sirens are compiled by reporter Emily Fitzgerald, who can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Centralia Police Department can be reached at 360-330-7680, the Chehalis Police Department can be reached at 360-748-8605 and the Morton Police Department can be reached at 360-496-6636. If you were a victim of physical or sexual abuse, domestic violence or sexual assault, call Hope Alliance at 360-748-6601 or the Youth Advocacy Center of Lewis County at 360-623-1990.