Leaking propane tank causes complications for firefighters at trailer fire in Randle on Thursday 


Firefighters were on the scene of a trailer fire in the 1300 block of Peters Road for roughly eight hours Thursday afternoon dealing with complications from a leaking propane tank. 

The fire was reported at approximately 2:10 p.m. on June 13 and was contained by about 3 p.m., according to Randle Fire and EMS Chief Jeff Jaques. 

The property owner sustained minor burns from shutting off the propane tank, according to Jaques. No other injuries were reported. 

Fire personnel believe the fire was caused by a refrigerator inside the trailer, according to Jaques. No foul play is suspected. 

Crews cleared the scene at approximately 9:40 p.m. on Thursday. 

Randle Fire and EMS was aided by Glenoma Fire and EMS.