The Lewis County Coroner’s Office has determined the 42-year-old Centralia man whose body was found hanging from a tree near Doty-Dryad Cemetery on March 18 died by suicide.
The man’s cause of death was cerebral anoxia secondary to ligature hanging, according to the coroner’s office.
A caller reported the body just after 5:55 a.m. on March 18, stating they saw a truck in the woods then saw a body hanging nearby, according to the Lewis County Sheriff’s Office.
The Chronicle generally does not report on suicides unless they involve a public official or occur in a public space.
In this case, The Chronicle is not releasing the name of the decedent out of respect for his family.
• National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 988, 800-273-8255 or suicidepreventionlifeline.org
• Veterans Crisis Line: 800-273-8255 or text to 838255 or visit suicidepreventionlifeline.org/talk-to-someone-now
• Lifeline Crisis Chat: www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org/gethelp/lifelinechat.aspx
• Crisis Text Line: 741741 or www.crisistextline.org/
• Lewis County 24-hour Crisis Line: 800-803-8833 or 360-807-2440.
• NAMI Information Line: 800-950-6264, or visit namilewiscountywa.org to connect with the local chapter
• Cascade Community Healthcare: 360-807-2440 or cascadecommunityhealthcare.org
• A full list of behavioral health agencies in Washington, broken out by county, is available online at www.doh.wa.gov/Portals/1/Documents/Pubs/606019-BHADirectory.pdf