The nights are getting longer, wetter, and threat of frost bristles in the air. That means it’s time for the Bundle Up Blitz.
As per pre-holiday tradition, members of the Lewis County Association of Realtors are organizing and hosting the annual coat drive in advance of the dogged cold, rain, and snow. In total there are 15 realtor locations that have opened their doors as official donation sites between Packwood and Rochester.
In the same way that donations are not limited to Lewis County alone, the Bundle Up Blitz is not exclusive to just coats and jackets.
“It’s coats, hats, scarves, and gloves,” said Jessica Sturza of Realty World Cosser and Associates.
This year Realty World Cosser and Associates are taking the lead on the donation effort. Next year a different realtoy group will take over the operation. Over the years the realtors association has learned a few lessons and noticed a number of trends in the cold weather gear collection effort.
“We get a lot of kids stuff but it’s for all ages,” noted Sturza. “We love to have the kids clothes but we do need all sizes.”
Additionally, all donations should be in new or gently used condition.
“They are going to Lewis County Gospel Mission and Gather Church,” explained Sturza. “We’re just going to split them up evenly and donate them that way.”
The Bundle Up Blitz coat drive began on Oct. 7 and will continue through the end of the month.
Donation boxes can be found at the following locations:
• Academy Mortgage — 601 W. Main St. Centralia
• Adolphsen Real Estate — 210 N. Market Blvd., Chehalis
• Century 21 Lund Realtors — 1169 S. Market Blvd, Cheahlis
• Century 21 Lund Morton — 250 Westlake Ave. (A), Morton
• Chehalis Valley Realty — 481 S. Market Blvd., Chehalis
• Coldwell Banker Voetberg — 1209 Borthwick St., Centralia
• John L. Scott — 900 W. Main, Centralia
• Lewis County Title — 625 N. Market Blvd., Chehalis
• Mountain Valley Real Estate — 13068 US Hwy 12, Packwood
• Northfork Realty — 19810 Old Hwy 99 SW (suite 7), Rochester
• Realty World Cosser & Associates — 282 SW 13th St., Chehalis
• RE/MAX — 1015 Johnson Rd., Centralia
• Summit Funding — 1616 S. Gold ST. (suite 6), Centralia
• Title Guarantee — 200 NW Pacific Ave., Chehalis
• Windermere — 411 W. Main St., Centralia
For additional information stop in at Realty World Crosser & Associates or call 360-345-1006.