Centralia Police Department
Hit and Run
• At 10:02 a.m. on Wednesday, a hit and run was reported in the 500 block of South Tower Avenue in Centralia.
Tow Truck Stolen in Tacoma Recovered in Centralia
• At 6:20 p.m. on Wednesday, a tow truck reported stolen in Tacoma was recovered in the 100 block of East Hanson Street in Centralia.
Suspect Gives False Name, Arrested for Criminal Impersonation
• At 11:58 p.m. on Wednesday, police responded to the 300 block of Lowe Street in Centralia and attempted to arrest a suspect on a state Department of Corrections warrant. The suspect, later identified as Kevan J. Waterman, allegedly gave officers another person’s name to avoid arrest. He was arrested on suspicion of criminal impersonation and on suspicion of possession of methamphetamine. Another charge of tampering with evidence is being forwarded to prosecutors.
Vacuum Cleaners Damaged
• At 8:42 a.m. on Thursday, police received a report of malicious mischief in the 1500 block of Kresky Avenue. Several commercial vacuum cleaners at a business were damaged.
Randle Man Cited on Trespass Charge
• At 2:42 p.m. on Thursday, police responded to the 400 block of Downing Road and cited Ronald R. Filer, 33, of Randle, on suspicion of first-degree criminal trespass and driving with a suspended license.
Chehalis Police Department
Suspect Accused of Burglary at Walmart
• At 2:02 p.m. Wednesday, police responded to Walmart in the1600 block Northwest Louisiana Avenue for a report of a second-degree burglary. Rachel N. Wickert, 32, Chehalis, was arrested on suspicion of second-degree burglary and possession of methamphetamine, first-degree criminal trespass and possession of another person’s identification without permission.
Motorcyclist Damages Driveway
• At 9:14 a.m. on Thursday, a person reported a motorcycle drove onto his driveway “tore up his gravel” and drove off in the 2100 block of Southwest Salisbury Avenue.
Hit and Runs
• At 2:04 p.m. on Wednesday, a hit and run was reported in the 700 block of Northwest Ohio Avenue.
• At 4:28 p.m. on Wednesday, a hit and run was reported on Southwest First Street.
Lewis County Jail Statistics
As of Friday morning, the Lewis County Jail had a total system population of 232 inmates with 194 in general population, 37 in the Work Ethic and Restitution Center and one on work release. Of general population inmates, 163 were men and 31 women and of WERC inmates, 33 were men and four women. A total of nine inmates were booked through contracts with agencies outside Lewis County.