Centralia Police Department
Jailed for Trespassing
• Lucas D.C. Bryan, 27, a Centralia transient, was allegedly found to be trespassing on the 100 block of Harrison Avenue in Centralia at about 9 a.m. Wednesday. Bryan was arrested and booked into the Lewis County Jail.
Arrested for Burglary
• Jeremy L. Rumley Jr, 26, a transient, was allegedly found to have forcibly entered an establishment to steal property according to a report at 9:35 a.m. Wednesday in the 100 block of South Tower Avenue. The crime was caught on surveillance video. Rumley was arrested and booked into the Lewis County Jail.
Burglary Caught on Camera
• A business in the 1400 block of South Gold Street was burglarized sometime during the night, according to a report at 12:06 p.m. Wednesday in the 1400 block of South Gold Street. The incident was captured on video surveillance and is still under investigation.
Possession of Meth
• Shaylee R. Elder, 26, of Centralia, was allegedly found to be in possession of methamphetamine at about 4:19 p.m. Wednesday in the 500 block of Harrison Avenue. She was arrested and booked into the Lewis County Jail.
• James E. Russell, 26, of Centralia, was arrested and booked into the Lewis County Jail for two outstanding warrants at about 4:28 p.m. Wednesday in the 700 block of North Tower Avenue in Centralia. One warrant was issued out of Thurston County for possession of stolen property and one was issued out of the Centralia Municipal Court for providing false information to a public servant.
• At about 4:39 p.m. Wednesday, officers responded to a three-vehicle collision at the intersection of Belmont and Harrison Avenue in Centralia. There were no injuries reported in the collision. The driver determined to be at fault was issued an infraction for the accident.
• Corey J. Dotson, 21, of Centralia, was arrested at about 8:33 p.m. in the 1500 block of North Scheuber Road after he allegedly assaulted his girlfriend of two years. He was booked into the Lewis County Jail on suspicion of fourth-degree assault.
Pursuit Reaches Centralia
• At about 11:34 p.m., officers assisted Lewis County Sheriff’s Office deputies with a vehicle pursuit that reached Centralia city limits. The fleeing driver spun out on West Cherry Street and the driver fled on foot. The sheriff’s office is still investigating the incident.
Arrested After Being Found Sleeping
• Israel Morrison, 46, of Centralia, was arrested and booked on a Department of Corrections warrant after he was contacted sleeping at a business in the 200 block of Centralia College Blvd. at about 7:24 a.m. Thursday.
Assault of Family Member
• A 17-year-old girl was arrested and booked into the Juvenile Detention Center for allegedly assaulting a family member, according to a report at 12:49 p.m. Tuesday in the 1800 block of Van Wormer Street in Centralia.
• Two rings were stolen from a residence over the Christmas holiday, according to a report of a burglary at 3:09 p.m. Tuesday in the 500 block of South Cedar Street in Centralia.
Stolen Items Shoved Into Underwear
• Sharon Teal, 59, a transient from Portland, was arrested for alleged retail theft with special circumstances at about 7:19 p.m. Tuesday in the 1300 block of Lum Road. She allegedly shoved 10 pieces of clothing into her underwear and attempted to alter security detection devices. She was booked into the Lewis County Jail on suspicion of second-degree theft.
Wallet Theft Caught on Video
• A man reported his wallet was stolen and his credit card was fraudulently used at about 8:33 p.m. Tuesday in the 100 block of West High Street in Centralia. The incident was captured on video surveillance. The investigation is ongoing.
Hit and Run Reported
• A hit and run occurred during the afternoon hours in the 1500 block of Harrison Avenue in Centralia, according to a report at 8:20 p.m Tuesday. An unoccupied, parked vehicle was struck by an unidentified vehicle. This case is still under investigation.
• Desirae M. Kowalsky, 32, of Chehalis, was arrested for alleged third-degree driving with a suspended license at about 12:55 a.m. Wednesday on southbound Interstate 5 at milepost 82. She was issued a criminal citation and released.
• Ricardo Martinez-Hernandez, 32, of Centralia, was booked into the Lewis County Jail on an outstanding warrant for third-degree driving with license suspended at about 1:17 a.m. Wednesday in the 100 block of Maple Street in Centralia.
• Rebecca L. Parks, 34, of Lakewood, was booked into the Lewis County Jail on an outstanding for third-degree theft at about 1:40 a.m. Wednesday in the 100 block of Maple Street in Centralia.
Knife-Wielding Burglar Arrested
• Jeremy L. Rumley Jr. 26, a transient, was arrested and booked for alleged first-degree burglary at about 3:38 a.m. Wednesday in the 100 block of South Tower Avenue. Rumley allegedly broke into a local business while he was armed with a knife. Rumley was located and arrested while he was still in the business. The investigation continues.
Chehalis Police Department
Homeless Individuals Steal Items
• A report 12:26 p.m. Dec. 22 in the 1100 block of South Market Boulevard alleged that two homeless people had stolen items from a business and were “messing around” in an alley.
Garbage on the Railroad
• A caller in the 300 block of NW State Ave. told dispatchers he or she had recorded video of people spreading garbage on railroad property and attempting to break into vehicles. The report was made at 12:44 p.m. Dec. 22.
• A two-vehicle crash was reported at 3:32 p.m. Dec. 22 at the intersection of Arkansas and Louisiana in Chehalis,
• A three-vehicle crash was reported at 4:31 p.m. Dec. 22 at the Intersection of Chamber Way and National Ave. in Chehalis.
• An accident with injuries was reported in the 7600 block of southbound Interstate 5 in Chehalis at about 8:32 p.m. Dec. 22. No additional information was released.
• A bottle of liquor was reported stolen at a business in the 100 block of South Market Boulevard at about 4:52 p.m. Dec. 22.
• A caller in the 1400 block of NW Louisiana Avenue reported finding a disturbing message about the sexual assault of a child in a bathroom stall at a business at about 9:45 p.m. Dec. 22. The message was removed after the report to police.
‘Blind’ Trespasser Arrested
• A man was arrested after a resident found him in a yard in the 100 block of Fifth Street at about 12:01 a.m. Dec. 23. When the resident asked the man what he was doing, he said he was blind and needed help. He left before the resident could reach him. Officers caught up with him and arrested him.
• Vehicle tabs were stolen according to a report in the 1600 block of NW Louisiana Ave. at 2:46 a.m. Dec. 23.
Stolen Vehicle Recovered
• A stolen vehicle was recovered in the 1600 block of NW Louisiana Avenue according to a report at about 4 a.m. Dec. 23.
• Someone attempted to use a fake $100 bill, according to a report at 6:24 a.m. Dec. 23 in the 100 block of SW Interstate Avenue.
• A caller reported seeing a man staring in her garage at 12:09 p.m. Dec. 24 in the 100 block of SW Seventh St. He ran when she asked what he was doing.
• A caller reported a man took her phone while she was sleeping after a dispute in which he nearly broke her arm at 5:42 a.m. Dec. 24 in the 700 block of SW McFadden Ave.
Lewis County Sheriff’s Office
Good Samaritan Punched in Face
• Mitchell W. Sinclair, 49, Centralia, was arrested after allegedly rear-ending an SUV occupied by a family of five people in the 1400 block of Mellen Street in Centralia. He allegedly fled the scene. The incident occurred at about 7 p.m. Saturday. After fleeing, Sinclair was involved in another crash, according to the sheriff’s office. He allegedly punched a man in the face after sliding off the road in the 1700 block of Airport Road. The man had stopped to help. He was arrested for alleged DUI and other charges.