CENTRALIA POLICE DEPARTMENT
• At 6:48 p.m. Wednesday, a theft of a cellphone was reported in the 700 block of H Street.
• At 12:14 p.m. Wednesday, a shoplifter was reported in the 1300 block of Lum Road.
• At 2:16 p.m. Thursday, a theft of merchandise was reported in the 100 block of West High Street.
Two Arrested on Warrants after Found Trespassing
• At 10:38 p.m. Wednesday, police responded to the 100 block of South Pearl Street and arrested Casey J. Darling, 27, of Centralia and Valentino Vasquez, 33, of Chehalis on warrants after the two were allegedly found trespassing on property.
Person Arrested, Released for Littering
• At 7:37 a.m. Thursday, police responded to Chestnut and Pearl streets and arrested and released a 24-year-old Centralia man on suspicion of littering.
• At 8:14 a.m. Thursday, a caller in the 100 block of South Buckner Street reported damage to a vehicle.
Hit and Run Suspect Arrested and Released
• At 2:15 p.m. Thursday, police responded to Galvin Road and Harrison Avenue and arrested and released a 49-year-old Centralia man on suspicion of hit and run.
Suspect Arrested, Released for Stealing Soda
• At 2:46 p.m. Thursday, police responded to the 1100 block of View Avenue and arrested and released a 38-year-old Winlock man on suspicion of third-degree theft for allegedly stealing soda and on a Lewis County District Court warrant.
Theft Suspect Booked
• At 7:53 p.m. Thursday, police responded to the 500 block of South Tower Avenue and arrested Chelsie L. Williams, 28, of Rochester on suspicion of third-degree theft and on a misdemeanor warrant.
CHEHALIS POLICE DEPARTMENT
Police Requested to Remove Person Hassling Customers
• At 9:25 a.m. Wednesday, police were requested in the 1600 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue to remove a woman who was panhandling and harassing customers at a business.
Drunk Man Seen Getting in Truck, Driving
• At 6:03 p.m. Wednesday, a caller in the 1600 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue said a man who was turned down service at a bar for appearing intoxicated was seen climbing into a truck and driving away.
• At 1:58 p.m. Thursday, a vehicle prowl was reported in the 700 block of Southwest William Avenue.
Person Seen Slapping Small Child
• At 3:46 p.m. Thursday, a caller in the 1500 block of Rice Road reported seeing a woman slap her child in the face.
Theft Suspect Arrested
• At 6:21 p.m. Thursday, police responded to the 1600 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue and arrested Roquel V.V. Weston, 22, of Olympia on suspicion of third-degree theft.
LEWIS COUNTY JAIL STATISTICS
• As of Friday morning, the Lewis County Jail had a total system population of 232 inmates, with 203 in general population, 28 in the Work Ethic and Restitution Center and one on work release. Of general population inmates, 168 were men and 35 were women and of WERC inmates, 24 were men and four were women. A total of 28 inmates were booked through contracts outside Lewis County.
By The Chronicle Staff
Please call news reporter Cody Neuenschwander with news tips. He can be reached at 807-8208 or firstname.lastname@example.org