Centralia Police Department
Attempted Vehicle Theft
• At 8:49 a.m. on Monday, police received a report of an attempted theft of a vehicle in the 1100 block of South Gold Street.
Credit Card Stolen
• At 2:19 p.m. on Monday, a credit card was reported stolen in the 900 block of H Street.
• At 2:52 p.m. on Monday, a bicycle was reported stolen in the 200 block of North Iron Street.
One Arrested on Harassment Charge
• At 3:19 p.m. on Monday, police responded to the 900 block of South Scheuber Road and arrested Chance J. Smith, 23, of Chehalis, on suspicion of harassment. He was accused of threatening to kill a person.
Silver Creek Man Arrested on Assault Charge
• At 2:24 a.m. on Tuesday, police responded to the 900 block of South Scheuber Road and arrested Jonathan B. Katzenberger, 33, of Silver Creek, on suspicion of third-degree assault. He was accused of attempting to assault a nurse.
RV Battery Stolen
• At 8:08 a.m. on Tuesday, a battery from an RV was reported stolen in the 1800 block of North Tower Avenue.
Suspects Arrested on No-Contact Order Violations
• At 2:21 p.m. on Monday, police responded to the 600 block of Tower Avenue and arrested Mark W. Powell, 48, a transient, on suspicion of violating a domestic-violence no-contact order.
• At 7:09 p.m. on Monday, police responded to the 800 block of Euclid Way and arrested Sarah R. Vanhousen, 20, of Centralia, on suspicion of violating a domestic-violence no-contact order.
• At 9:50 a.m. on Tuesday, graffiti was reported to a fence in the 100 block of North Diamond Street.
Man Accused of Stealing Expensive Bicycle
• At 11:27 a.m. on Tuesday, police arrested Lucas L. Woods, 34, of Centralia in the 100 block of West Maple Street on suspicion of stealing a “high-value bicycle.” Police reportedly caught Woods with the bicycle.
Baseball-Bat Thief Flees
• At 2:31 p.m. on Tuesday, police received a report of a theft in the 100 block of West Main Street. An unidentified suspect allegedly stole baseball bats and fled in a silver PT Cruiser.
Suspect Steals Boots, Leaves Behind His Own
• At 7:09 p.m. on Tuesday, boots were reported stolen in the 1300 block of Lum Road. A suspect reportedly took the boots, but left his own. The stolen boots were reportedly worth less than the boots left behind.
Vehicle Stolen, Recovered After Pursuit in Thurston County
• At 8:45 p.m. on Tuesday, a vehicle was reported stolen at the intersection of Harrison Avenue and First Street. The victim reported their vehicle was stolen while they were working. The vehicle was reportedly recovered by officers in Thurston County after a pursuit. Driver Peter R. Anderson, 22, of Centralia, was arrested and booked into the Thurston County Jail on suspicion of possession of a stolen vehicle and attempting to elude a police vehicle.
Chehalis Police Department
• At 8:26 p.m. on Tuesday, forgery was reported in the 1600 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue. A customer at the store reportedly tried to pay with fake $100 bills.
• At 7:38 p.m. on Tuesday, a second-degree theft was reported in the 300 block of North Street.
• At 9:20 p.m. on Tuesday, a trespasser was reported in the 1600 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue.
Lewis County Jail Statistics
As of Wednesday morning, the Lewis County Jail had a total system population of 227 inmates, including 192 in general population, 32 in the Work Ethic and Restitution Center and three on work release. Of general population inmates, 167 were men and 25 women and of WERC inmates, 27 were men and five women.