CENTRALIA POLICE DEPARTMENT
• At 11:44 a.m. Wednesday, a theft of an antique firearm was reported in the 300 block of South Silver Street. The caller reported that the gun had been pawned.
• At 8:44 p.m. Wednesday, a theft of a jogging stroller was reported in the 200 block of Denny Way.
Police Report Drug Use in Car
• At 9:41 p.m. Wednesday, police in the 200 block of North Railroad Avenue reported finding two people in a parked car preparing to use narcotics. The vehicle was impounded and charges against the individuals are likely to follow. Police reported finding suspected heroin inside the vehicle.
Man Booked for Allegedly Kicking Nurse
• At 1:31 a.m. Thursday, police responded to the 900 block of South Scheuber Road and arrested Donald M. Demmert Jr., 49, of Centralia, on suspicion of third-degree assault. Demmert allegedly kicked a nurse who was working at a healthcare facility.
Suspect Referred for Meth Possession
• At 10:08 a.m. Thursday, police responded to the 900 block of South Scheuber Road and referred a 29-year-old Centralia man on suspicion of possession of meth.
Hit and Run
• At 12:05 p.m. Thursday, a hit and run was reported at Gold Street and Field Avenue.
Driver Cited for Suspended License
• At 10:26 p.m. Thursday, police responded to the 800 block of South Gold Street and cited a 31-year-old Centralia resident on suspicion of driving on a suspended license.
Theft Suspect Booked
• At 12:13 p.m. Wednesday, police responded to the 1200 block of Lum Road and arrested Mia J. Vandermeer, 20, of Longview, on suspicion of third-degree theft and on two Cowlitz County warrants. Vandermeer allegedly stole clothing items from a retail store and ran, but was apprehended by police. Also arrested was Brian D. Eck, 21, of Longview, on a Cowlitz County warrant.
CHEHALIS POLICE DEPARTMENT
• At 10:20 a.m. Wednesday, a theft of a white 1999 Honda Accord was reported in the 700 block of Southwest 19th Street.
Juvenile Booked for Malicious Mischief
• At 1:15 p.m. Wednesday, police responded to the 500 block of South Market Boulevard and arrested a 12-year-old boy on suspicion of third-degree malicious mischief after the boy allegedly broke a windshield.
• At 1:45 p.m. Thursday, a theft of pens and diapers was reported at a business in the 1600 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue. The female suspect got into a vehicle to leave the area, dropping the diapers along the way.
• At 1:58 p.m. Thursday, a burglary was reported in the 2500 block of Northeast Kresky Avenue. Someone broke into a shed containing landscaping equipment.
Man Wielding Machete Seen Rummaging Through Dumpster
• At 3:57 a.m. Friday, a caller in the 1500 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue reported a man holding a 2-foot-long machete digging through a dumpster.
LEWIS COUNTY JAIL STATISTICS
• As of Friday morning, the Lewis County Jail had a total system population of 210 inmates, with 176 in general population, 32 in the Work Ethic and Restitution Center and two on work release. Of general population inmates, 142 were men and 34 were women and of WERC inmates, 28 were men and four were women. A total of 22 inmates were booked through contracts outside Lewis County.
By The Chronicle Staff
Please call news reporter Cody Neuenschwander with news tips. He can be reached at 807-8208 or email@example.com