Chehalis Police Department
Burglary Reported, Purse Stolen
• At 7:46 a.m. on Monday, a burglary was reported overnight in the 100 block of Northeast Terrace Road in Chehalis. A purse was stolen.
Hit and Run
• At 8:42 a.m. on Monday, a hit and run was reported in the 1600 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue.
• At 10:14 a.m. on Monday, a trespasser was reported sleeping at an entrance for a business in the 400 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue.
• At 3:56 p.m. on Monday, a fourth-degree assault was reported in the 1200 block of Southwest Pacific Avenue in Chehalis.
• At 4:27 p.m. on Monday, a third-degree theft was reported in the 1600 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue.
Centralia Police Department
• Charles A. Park, 55, a Centralia area transient, was issued a notice of infraction for having an open container of alcohol in public at the intersection of Hanson and Railroad Road at about 8:30 a.m. Wednesday.
• A victim reported the theft of a wallet in the 1100 block of Harrison Avenue at about 9:13 a.m. Wednesday. A second report of a stolen wallet was made at about 5 p.m. Wednesday, also in the 1100 block of Harrison Avenue.
• Clothing was reported stolen in the 900 block of Johnson Road at about 3 p.m. Wednesday.
Firearm Stolen in Vehicle Prowl
• A firearm and purse were reported stolen after a vehicle’s window was broken during a vehicle prowl in the 2000 block of Borst Avenue at about 6:30 p.m. Wednesday. Credit cards that had been in the purse were used at a local business. The case remains under investigation.
• Maynor E. Alverto Diaz, 22, of Centralia, was issued a summons for fourth-degree assault after allegedly assaulting a household member. The report was issued at 9:44 p.m. Wednesday.
Juvenile Arrested for Attempted Assault With Hammer
• An 11-year-old boy was arrested and booked into the Lewis County Juvenile Detention Center for second-degree assault after he allegedly made several attempts at assaulting two family members with a hammer at about 10:45 a.m. Thursday.
• A victim reported the theft of a candy bar in the 60 block of South Tower Avenue at about 3 p.m. Thursday.
• Tasha M. Benson, 28, of Centralia, was arrested at about 7 p.m. Thursday for allegedly assaulting her neighbor in the 100 block of Virginia Drive.
Hit and Run
• At about 7 p.m. Thursday, a victim reported that their vehicle had been struck by another vehicle in a parking lot in the 1200 block of Lum Road. The at-fault vehicle fled the scene. The case is under investigation.
• Matthew S. Bartholet, 35, of Winlock, was arrested and booked into the Lewis County Jail for an outstanding felony warrant in the 1900 block of South Gold Street at about 9:10 p.m. Thursday.
By The Chronicle Staff