Centralia Police Department
Child Arrested for Threat with Kitchen Knife
• At 9:53 a.m. on Monday, police responded to a report of an assault in the 2800 block of Russell Road. A 12-year-old was arrested and booked into juvenile detention for allegedly assaulting a family member and making threats with a kitchen knife.
Hit and Run
• At 1:36 p.m. on Monday, a hit and run was reported in the 800 block of Harrison Avenue. A witness reported the fleeing vehicle’s license plate number. The incident is under investigation.
Littering Suspect Arrested and Released, Cited for Public Drinking
• At 2:02 p.m. on Monday, police responded to a littering complaint in the 100 block of West Maple Street. Monte W. Sellards, 58, a transient, was arrested and released on suspicion of littering after allegedly dumping a large amount of garbage in the street. Sellards then allegedly ran over the garbage with his vehicle before leaving. He was also cited for drinking alcohol in public.
Oakville Man Booked for DUI, Hit and Run
• At 4:34 p.m. on Monday, police responded to the 200 block of Downing Road and arrested Jason E. Barnhill, 33, of Oakville, on suspicion of driving under the influence and felony hit and run. He allegedly drove into oncoming traffic and hit another vehicle head on. A juvenile passenger in Barnhill’s vehicle was injured as a result of the collision and airbag deployment. Barnhill reportedly attempted to flee the scene on foot but was arrested. Prosecutors declined to file charges of felony DUI against Barnhill.
Owner Reports Dead Chicken
• At 6:57 p.m. on Monday, a person in the 1000 block of B Street in Centralia reported they found one of their chickens dead “and the death does not appear to be from natural causes,” according to the police department. The case is under investigation.
Theft Suspect Arrested
• At 9:54 p.m. on Monday, police responded to the 500 block of South Tower for a report of a theft. Jasyon S. VAlderrama, 21, of Centralia, was arrested and released on suspicion of third-degree theft. He was accused of taking $15 in merchandise from the store.
• At 1:06 a.m. on Tuesday, graffiti was reported on a residence and surrounding structures in the 500 block of West Cherry Street.
• At 2:10 p.m. on Tuesday, money was reported missing or stolen in the 900 block of South Scheuber Road in Centralia.
Rental Property Stolen
• At 6:34 p.m. on Tuesday, a theft of rental property was reported in the 1400 block of South Gold Street.
• At 7:12 p.m. on Tuesday, a theft of rental property was reported in the 1400 block of South Gold Street.
Vape Smoking Device Stolen
• At 6:46 p.m. on Tuesday, a vape smoking device was reported stolen in the 100 block of East High Street.
Centralia Man Booked for DUI After Collision
• At 11:05 p.m. on Tuesday, police responded to a collision in the 900 block of Madrona Avenue in Centralia and arrested William G. Conner, 23, of Centralia, on suspicion of driving under the influence.
• At 11:14 p.m. on Tuesday, malicious mischief was reported in the 100 block of North Tower Avenue. A vehicle was damaged.
Chehalis Police Department
Hit and Run
• At 8:33 a.m. on Monday, a hit and run was reported in the 1600 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue.
Counterfeit Money Reported
• At 12:15 p.m. on Monday, counterfeit money was reported in the 1600 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue.
• At 1:53 p.m. on Monday, a purple Ford Ranger was reported stolen in the 300 block of Southwest Riverside Drive.
Man on Bicycle Steals Phone Out of Truck
• At 4:31 p.m. on Monday, a phone was reported stolen at the intersection of 10th Street and McFadden Avenue in Chehalis. The phone’s owner reported he left it in his truck with the windows down and returned to see a man on a bicycle reach in and grab it out of the truck.
• At 5:58 p.m. on Monday, police responded to a report of an assault in the 400 block of Southwest William Avenue. Pedro P. Gomez-Mendez, 44, of Chehalis was arrested on suspicion of fourth-degree assault, domestic violence.
• At 11:29 p.m. on Monday, a trespasser was reported in the 100 block of Southwest Interstate Avenue.
• At 6:37 p.m. on Tuesday, a trespasser was reported in the 500 block of Northwest Pacific Avenue.
Lewis County Jail Statistics
As of Wednesday morning, the Lewis County Jail had a total system population of 219 inmates, including 186 in general population, 32 in the Work Ethic and Restitution Center and one on work release. Of general population inmates, 153 were men and 33 women and of WERC inmates, 28 were men and four women. A total of 26 inmates were booked through contracts with agencies outside Lewis County.
By The Chronicle Staff
Please call news reporter Cody Neuenschwander with news tips. He can be reached at 807-8208 or email@example.com