Lewis County Watch

A Centralia house was lightly damaged by fire Monday evening after a person left food cooking on the stove, according to the Riverside Fire Authority.

A press release from the RFA reports neighbors of the house in the 300 block of East Magnolia Street put the fire out with fire extinguishers prior to first responders arriving. All damage was contained in the kitchen area — specifically, the stove, vent and fan, cabinet and paint.

Firefighters from the RFA were dispatched at 5:33 p.m. Monday. The Chehalis Fire Department also responded to the scene.

According to the RFA, the powder from the fire extinguishers made the residence uninhabitable until it was properly cleaned. The American Red Cross was called to help the sole occupant with housing in the meantime.

 

Recommended for you

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.