Home Burns in Centralia
• Riverside Fire Authority crews battled a blaze in a home in the 400 block of North Buckner Street in Centralia at roughly 8 a.m. Saturday. According to Chief Richard Mack, a generator on the porch of the residence appeared to have started the blaze, which caused what he described as extensive damage to the home. The generator appeared to have supplied power to several appliances and a neighboring RV, Mack said. No one was injured in the blaze, which displaced the home’s occupants.
Lewis County Sheriff’s Office
• Andrew D. Mattson, 22, town of residence not specified, was booked for allegedly driving under the influence and driving while license suspended after his 1996 Toyota Corolla rolled over Sunday at 12:39 a.m. in the 300 block of Meier Road in Winlock. Mattson suffered minor injuries.
• Rodney K. Loch, 59, Longview, was cited for alleged DUI after he failed to negotiate a curve in the 400 block of Russell Road in Winlock and crashed. He complained of neck and back pain following the wreck.
• Deputies were called to investigate a burglary Friday at 11:15 a.m. in the 600 block of Chilvers Road in Chehalis. According to deputies, someone entered the residence and stole two firearms, a collection of silver coins and a pair of binoculars between Dec. 5 and Dec. 9.
• Deputies investigated the theft of a large wooden stand with a cluster of mailboxes from the 100 block of McGlaughlin Road in Winlock Friday at 10:14 p.m.
Darn Those Deer
• A 55-year-old male Lewis County employee driving a dump truck crashed into a barbed wire fence at milepost 6.5 of Highway 603 in Winlock just after 3 p.m. Friday. The man was unhurt and told deputies he left the roadway to avoid hitting a deer.
• A 29-year-old Centralia man was driven by private vehicle to Providence Centralia Hospital after crashing his vehicle in the 1300 block of West Reynolds Avenue in Centralia Monday morning. The man said he swerved to miss a deer, causing him to crash into a power pole and total his 2003 Dodge Dakota.
• A 23-year-old man from Edmonds told deputies he had rolled his vehicle after hitting ice on Forest Service Road 23 near Randle at milepost 17 sometime after 2 p.m. Thursday. The man was not injured.
• A 37-year-old Centralia woman advised deputies that her son had taken the family’s Nissan truck to Centralia High School Thursday, and upon leaving school he found the back window smashed out.
Centralia Police Department
• Gary A. Lohr, 65, Centralia, was arrested and booked for alleged possession of methamphetamine in the 400 block of North Buckner Street Friday evening at 7:58 p.m. after an officer recognized him driving a vehicle with expired tabs. Police said Lohr allegedly tried to evade the officer by parking in a parking lot, getting into another vehicle and leaving. Lohr was stopped and arrested for driving while license suspended, when officers located meth in his coat pocket, police said. Lohr claimed the coat wasn’t his.
• Samantha J. Tanori, 27, Centralia, was arrested and booked for alleged meth possession on the corner of Johnson Road and Harrison Avenue at 8:20 Sunday evening.
• Manuel R. Dominguez, 40, Centralia, was arrested and booked for allegedly driving under the influence after a traffic stop in the 1100 block of South Gold Street at 12:31 Sunday morning.
I’ll Take These, Thanks
• Centralia police named James F. Deach, Sr., 57, of Centralia, as the suspect in an alleged theft of items from in front of a downtown Centralia variety store in the 100 block of North Tower Avenue. The theft was reported to police Friday at 3:15 p.m.
• A victim reported the theft of $400 from his locker at Thorbeckes, 2000 Borst Avenue, while he was working out at 10:15 Friday morning.
• Police said suspects cut a security wire to steal a green yard cart valued at $100 from the 1600 block of Harrison Avenue at 10:42 a.m. Friday.
• A victim in the 100 block of East Alaska Way reported the theft of his wallet by a house guest Friday morning at 11:16.
• Theft of a car stereo in the 200 block of West Hanson Street was reported at 3:30 Sunday afternoon.
• Another stereo was reported stolen from a vehicle in the 2800 block of Russell Road at 8:24 Sunday evening.
This Rock Sends Its Greetings
• A rock was allegedly thrown through a window in the 500 block of West Pine Street at 9:41 p.m. Friday.
Chehalis Police Department
• Ronald R. Filer, 25, Centralia, was arrested and booked for alleged disorderly conduct after a reported bar fight outside Garbe’s, 313 N.W. Chehalis Ave., at 10:40 p.m. Saturday. According to a police report, Filer allegedly was involved a physical dispute with another male outside the establishment.
• Brian J. Swenson, 39, Chehalis, was arrested in the 600 block of West Main Street at 11:42 a.m. Saturday and subsequently booked for allegedly driving under the influence.
‘Tis the Season for Shoplifting
• Shane M. Allison, 24, Kelso, was arrested and booked for alleged shoplifting of items totaling roughly $80 at Walmart Saturday at 3:32 p.m.
• Elliott G. Rogers, 20, and Sean L. Zuber, 20, both of Chehalis, were arrested and booked for allegedly being minors in possession of alcohol at the corner of Southwest 21st Street and Southwest Salsbury Avenue at 2:42 Sunday morning.
• Police and aid crews responded to the 600 block of Northwest Chamber of Commerce Way for a three-vehicle collision at 1:45 p.m. Saturday. One person complained of neck and back pain; it is unknown whether they were transported.
• A driver of a 1999 Jeep Cherokee traveling in the 2100 block of Jackson Highway at 5:57 this morning reported hitting black ice and spinning out. No injuries were reported and no other vehicles were involved.
Lewis County Jail
• Inmate population in the main facility as of early this morning: 207 inmates; 162 are men and 45 are women. None are work-release inmates. Sixty-eight inmates are contract bed inmates from outside agencies. No inmates are on electronic home monitoring or day reporting. In the past 24 hours, as of early this morning, 11 people were booked into the jail and six were released.